Remote for Tautulli connects to your existing Tautulli server installation and gives you easy access to all data.
WHAT IS TAUTULLI?
Tautulli is a monitoring application that you can run alongside your Plex Media Server and tracks what has been streamed, who streamed it, when and where they streamed it, and how it was streamed. For further information please refer to tautulli.com. Remote for Tautulli is not affiliated with Plex Inc. or Tautulli itself.
- Universal app for iPhone and iPad
- App for Apple Watch
- Easy initial setup using qr code scanner
- List of current streams incl. details like user, player, quality, eta
- List of running conversions incl. details like transcoding speed and remaining time
- Option to terminate streams with optional message
- All details to media e.g. summary, file size, bitrate, audio/video/subtitle tracks, duration, release date, rating, related media and more
- Watch history for media items
- Cross linking between related media, track/album/artist, episode/season/tv show
- Cross linking to the official Plex app (if installed)
- iCloud keychain sync for connection info (if enabled in system)
- Dark Mode / Light Mode (requires iOS 13)
ADDITIONAL FEATURES OF PRO VERSION
- Tautulli notifications for all events that are supported by Tautulli*
- Easy Tautulli notification setup process
- Plex Media Server update monitoring incl. release notes
- Tautulli update monitoring incl. release notes
- Option to trigger Tautulli update
- Playback history incl. search and stream details
- Recently added media
- User list incl. details like playback statistics, recently watched, last known ip address incl. map*, and user's playback history
- Statistics e.g. most streamed movie/tv show/artist or most active users
- Statistics graphically represented as charts
- List and details of all libraries incl. search with access to all media details without having those streamed
- Manual update of libraries with power swipe
- List of all synchronized media
- Plex Media Server logs*
- Tautulli logs
- Tautulli notification logs
- Tautulli newsletter logs
- Siri Shortcuts (requires iOS 12)
- Today widget for easy and fast overview of current streams and updates
- Management of multiple Tautulli servers incl. fast switch
- Number of current streams as app icon badge
Remote for Tautulli requires an already configured installation of Tautulli v2.1.20 or higher that is connected to your Plex Media Server and reachable from outside your local network.
* This feature requires a corresponding configuration in Tautulli
*** Please migrate to webhook notifications ***
This update contains the following contents:
- Improved: Compatibility with iOS 15
- Fixed: Bug while scanning QR code
Do you need technical support or do you have questions on our app? Please use our contact form within the app or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and Reviews
Superb, more and better info about your plex server than plex gives
If you want to understand your server better this is it. Besides the tracking of what is watched by who and some cute Top 10 charts, you get detailed info about the source streams vs what plex provided to the client. You can see which clients always transcodes AAC or AC3, who is watching bluray on a tiny phone and having your server convert 1920x1080 down to 576x480 and 6.1 Dolby down to stereo mp3s. You really do see how poor some devices are at playing the many different codes out there. Apple TV is very restrictive. And apple TV plex sets the remote quality at 1.5mbps which forces nearly everything to transcodes. My family loves the newsletter. This was a wishlist item in my head, and then Tautulli built it.
Response to developer.
You have to realize the nature of the product you are selling is a companion to plex and plex customers are very privacy conscious. So unless you spell out what you are collecting then no I/we do not trust you. I removed the part about data mining.. your right. That was unfair of me to write that until I’ve had a chance to sniff the traffic for this app (which I will do when I have time). Lastly you came off a bit douchy on your reply to this critical review. Chill a bit... makes you look bad.
Developer Response ,
"It seems that this app is a data miner. Probably spying on what you are watching and selling that info."... sorry, but WTF!?^^ Hi, here's the developer, I'd really like to how you came to this conclusion. Please get in contact with me via email, as you cannot answer here. Meanwhile, if you don't trust me in general, I really invite you to analyze all data that are beeing sent and received. You'll see that I really don't care about what you are watching, no personal data is beeing tracked at all. Hope this was clear enough.
I never agree to writing reviews when apps ask. In fact, this *might* be the first review I’ve ever written since getting my first iPhone (the 4S, for time context), but this app has such niche community appeal, and it’s so good, that I wanted to offer a testimonial for others like myself. This is a fantastic app on both iPhone and iPad! Very frequent app updates, very well documented change logs, really solid work all around — the number of improvements and usability tweaks that have been implemented since release, I’m floored by the level of support for (again) what must be a VERY niche app. Highly recommended for anyone who enjoys the metrics tracked, and features provided, by Tautulli.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tobias Fonfara
- 49.9 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2018-2021 Tobias Fonfara
- In-App Purchases
- Remote for Tautulli Pro $3.99
- Coffee Venti $4.99
- Coffee Tall $0.99
- Coffee Grande $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.