Remote for Tesla 4+
Model S, 3, X, Y & More Stats
Designed for iPad
Add Siri, Shortcuts, Widget & Watch support to your Tesla Model S, 3, X, Y & more. This has NO subscription fees, doesn't add phantom drain, or send info to a 3rd party.
World first authorized Tesla app with Apple Watch & Siri/Shortcut support
- Very reliable Siri & Shortcuts support that works even if the car is asleep. Control and get your car stats on the watch or phone without opening the app. You can combine/schedule/automate commands based on triggers/conditions such as when you're driving, if your charging cable isn't plugged in, when you're sleeping, when you're about to go to work, when you're connected to certain Bluetooth or WiFi connections, when you tap a NFC tag, when your alarm goes off, or a certain time each day. Add Shortcuts as icons on your home screen or widgets for quick access to your car's stats or to control it.
- Fully functional Apple Watch app with vehicle stats complications
- Opens, connects, and issues commands faster than other Tesla apps
- Queued commands. You can close the app after issuing a few commands even if your car is asleep and it'll still do them.
- View your battery stats such as the current/total usable kWh of your car compared to the stated capacity, how much phantom drain your car currently has, and a history of your car's range vs its odometer/time.
- Display battery/power usage even when not charging
- No phantom drain or background usage. This app doesn't use your car's batteries when the app isn't in use.
- See the total miles/kWh added from the last charge session
- Estimated range is displayed (this estimates your battery range based on your past 30 miles of usage)
- Consolidated stats and commands into one screen for quicker access to information. View all three ranges (estimated, rated, ideal/typical, odometer) at the same time and up to the nearest 1/100th mi/km
- See and copy the raw vehicle data returned by Tesla's API servers
- 3D Touch menu for quick commands from the Home Screen
- Use HomeLink or Summon your car when not near it and without continuous press needed (autopilot required). Activate keyless start prior to Summon to avoid needing a keyfob nearby.
- Avoid idle fees from Tesla by setting an in-app alarm that alerts you when charging reaches a certain kW or % level
- Camp/Dog Mode allows you to keep the HVAC on in the car even though there is no activity. Normally, the car will turn off HVAC after 30 minutes.
- View how many range miles are being used per hour
- Use the remotes:// URL schema with parameters to issues commands
- Max cool and Max heat buttons to quickly send multiple commands to your car to optimize cooling and heating
- No-Commands Mode lets you log in the app for your family/friends to monitor your Tesla's location without allowing them to control to your car
- Breadcrumb tracking allows you to see the path that the car has recently taken
- Trip statistics shows your current MPGe, kWh used, miles traveled, kWh per 100 miles, cost savings vs. an internal combustion engine car, cost savings over the car's lifetime, and many more fun stats
- Save trip routes to different save slots and compare the distance, kWh used, cost, and more for each route
- Ability to change passenger and driver temperature separately
Privacy/Security notice: This app only communicates directly to Tesla's servers when sending login credentials and commands. No identifying information is stored by our company.
Disclaimer: This software and documentation do not come from nor is endorsed by Tesla Inc. Use this app at your own risk. The author does not guarantee its proper functioning. Some features require certain vehicle options to work (e.g. HomeLink/Summon require the autopilot options enabled). This app attempts to use the same interface used by the official Tesla apps. However, you are responsible for any changes to your car caused by using this app. Use of this app can move or change settings to your car and we are not liable for any damages to you, your car or any other object in conjunction with the use of this app.
Removed the prompt asking for user feedback as requested by one of the app reviewers. Fixed an issue that prevented a small number of users with an unusual vehicle configuration from logging into the app.
Ratings and Reviews
Wish it would work on untethered Apple Watch Series 3 LTE
This app may not have the best user interface, but it functions well on my Apple Watch Series 3 with LTE, and on my iPhone X. However, the app does not work on my Apple Watch when the watch is using LTE, without the iPhone nearby. It would be nice if the app would work on the Apple Watch using LTE for the times when I don’t have my iPhone with me (e.g. at the gym). Presently, if I launch the app on my Apple Watch while on LTE, the app UI looks like it is connected to my car because it shows charge percentage, HVAC settings, etc. But it really isn’t connected and any attempts to perform a function (e.g. turn on HVAC, honk horn, etc) are not carried out by the app. It would be better if the app displayed a message that it is not connected rather than appear that it is connected. I hope in the future the developer will add the ability to use the Apple Watch LTE when untethered from an iPhone, but for now it is a solid app on the Apple Watch if your iPhone is close by.
Developer Response ,
Remote S on the Apple Watch does show when the app is connected or not. If you look at the first screen, it tells you the time of the last updated data. If that time doesn't match with your current time, then it's not connected yet.
Remote S is also coded to work untethered. Some users have reported that being on LTE is a bit slower to connect with Tesla's servers, so try to give it a bit more time to connect. Try connecting to a WiFi network on your watch with the iPhone turned off to confirm that your watch is capable of communicating with your vehicle without the iPhone. If that works and LTE does not, try restarting your Apple Watch device or trying another cell tower.
Update: User error. The app is actually great
I stand corrected. I was simply wrong. After playing more with the Apple Watch app it does do everything I was hoping it would do. It is indispensable now and perfect. I can control nearly every function of my tesla from my watch so it saves a lot of time. No complaints.
Developer responded. Unfortunately upon pressing on the screen I am still not able to see more than 4 options per screen on my watch and of those only the first 4 options in the first screen are related to controls for things like charging. This makes it hard to add value as I need to pull my phone for nearly everything. Putting 2 stars. Also requested access to the developer forum so that I can bring concerns but still have not been granted access. If I get it and can get this resolved I will be happy to upgrade the stars.
Want more features for your phone then great. Want more features for your Apple Watch then forget it. You get fewer than almost any other app. I purchased one for 2.99 that I have defaulted back to as this one does not even open up the charging port. Essentially it only has 4 controls.
Developer Response ,
Press harder on each screen to bring up more commands. There’s 6 different screens so you should see over 30 available commands in the Apple Watch app. Opening the charge port is one of the available commands.
Waste of money and false advertising!
Update: Developer responded which I appreciated. However I had figured out the resolution on my own after using a competitor app. The competitor app also had the same issues. Fortunately it had trouble shooting instructions that were more helpful. I troubleshooted the remote Tesla app using the competitors instructions, and fixed the problem. I do like the interface of the remote Tesla app best so I came back.
Wasted $10 on this and couldn’t get it to do what I bought it for which is Apple Watch integration. I have the 5 series Watch and since I installed the app it’s been saying Connecting please use the phone app. Will be removing and getting a refund.
Developer Response ,
You need to log into the phone version of the app to get the watch app to access your Tesla. If you did that and it still isn’t logging you into the watch app, make sure that your iPhone is paired to your Apple Watch first. Then log off the iPhone app and log back in again.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Rego Apps, LLC
- 23.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Rego Apps
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.