Mobile remote for Mac/Windows computers: control media playback, volume, launch apps, and put your computer to sleep from the couch.
1.5M downloads & 20K 5-star ratings.
Control your computer, from the couch or the bed, using a mobile device that you already own. Save money on the dedicated remote control that costs more but offers less.
Turn your iPhone/iPad into a full-featured remote control, with keyboard and mouse, that works from anywhere at your home or office, even without a direct line of sight.
It doesn't matter if your desktop or laptop computer is hooked to a big-screen TV or projector, or even if it's in another room - you can have full control of it, after super easy setup, using a friendly interface, in seconds.
The widget offers quick access to media controls for popular apps and websites. And the watch app enables you to control your Mac from your wrist, so you don't even have to reach for your phone. But that's not all - you can integrate your computer into your smart home using Siri Shortcuts, and control your Mac using your voice.
- Volume & media playback control keypads
- Keyboard & mouse
- System actions
- Launch & quit apps
- Live view of your computer display
- Open websites in your default/specific browser
- Control AirPlay (Mac only)
- Control microphone volume (Mac only)
- Schedule system, custom and app actions
- Siri shortcuts for system, custom, and app actions
- Store with control keypads for popular media player apps and streaming websites
- Create custom control keypads for apps & websites
- Add custom actions using the system scripting language (AppleScript/PowerShell)
- History of connected devices
- Wake On LAN
- Mac with macOS 10.10 or newer
- PC with Windows 7 SP1 or newer
- Free helper app, available at https://cherpake.com/get
- Shared network connection, WiFi or Personal Hotspot, see https://cherpake.com/connect
- Over 1,300,000 downloads
- More than 20,000 positive ratings
- Around 7,000 support tickets
- LIFEHACKER: "This iOS app lets me control nearly every aspect of my Mac from my iPhone or iPad"
- MACSTORIES: "Remote for Mac is perfect for controlling a Mac that serves as a media center"
- MACOBSERVER: "This setup gives me full control of my Mac in the palm of my hand from anywhere in my house"
- CULT OF MAC: "Remote for Mac adds the convenience that we expect from our devices in the 21st century."
- TECHRADAR: "If you’ve a headless Mac you need to command – or just one elsewhere in your home you can’t be bothered actually walking over to – this app is first-rate stuff"
- IMORE: "Remote Control for Mac covers a lot of bases. If you've got a Mac somewhere in your house that you use for media management, Remote Control for Mac is a must-have"
- IGEEKSBLOG: "Wow!! the app does indeed think about user’s every need."
* [NEW] Send username/password to computer using keyboard enter text button
* [NEW] Create Siri Shortcut with keyboard shortcuts from app Settings -> Siri
* [FIX] Choose between template and original for icons loaded from iCloud for keys in keypads
* [FIX] Update time left for pending actions
* [FIX] More minor UI fixes and improvements
* [FIX] Crash when choosing button color in the keypad editor
* [FIX] Restore favorites for system actions
* [FIX] Other minor UI issues
Ratings and Reviews
Absolute Must Have Useful App
I originally debated on purchasing this... but I knew how much I wanted something like this for daily use, and after many months I can say without a doubt this was one of the best app purchases I’ve ever made! It is one of the few apps that I honestly use practically daily because I have an entertainment PC hooked up to my living room television and previously had no simple way to control it; this app solves my issue wonderfully and if you have a similar potential use case, you definitely need to grab this app! The customization is great too, I made a “streaming” custom keypad that has one press buttons for each of my major streaming services that auto-launch chrome and go directly to “my queue” on that service’s page; unbelievably convenient!
My one and ONLY complaint is that the desktop portion, which is understandable needed for pairing purposes and is super easy to download and install, is that part does pop a windows “okay to run” type window on PC startup, so unless you leave your PC running all the time, you’ll still need an alternate control device just to approve that windows box (perhaps there is some system level thing that can just set the desktop part of this app to auto-run and allow access at startup without user approval, but I’m not sure). Regardless of that one issue, this app is a no-brainer investment for how much use you will certainly get out of it!
Pretty frickin cool
I found this app after searching for a few weeks for something like it. Reading reviews and comparing capabilities and such. I initially got the free version to see if it did what I was looking for and was greatly impressed with this apps functions and customizable options. It works really well almost identical to a mouse/remote control. Exactly what I wanted.
One downfall which I think is not too bad is that when I finally bought the full version it started to crash, (could’ve also been my internet connection because that later changed) but sometimes it doesn’t want to automatically connect to my MacBook. I don’t mind this too much because I’m not too lazy to just do whatever I need to on my actual laptop if the app is down or maybe updating. But as a paid version I suppose it could be improved (?) I’m pretty laid back on regardless mostly because overall with everything laid out in front of me, I really like this app. It gets the job done and continues to improve anyway so it’s not a big deal.
One last thing. Every time I use this app my friends and family are always amazed that I’m controlling my laptop from my phone. I think it’s great and definitely worth the purchase for the full version.
Developer Response ,
Hi, please help me fix those crashes - drop me a note to firstname.lastname@example.org
Time = Money
The track pad I was considering buying, no longer on the table. This allows me to only need my phone for my mac and other needs. As my TV remote is used for power, volume, and changing sources. I can use less and do more, gives me the freedom to be in another room on the same wifi and play music across my home from my mac. Launching apps like Netflix, or VPNs are a breeze, I can leave my mac closed and do everything as I have been before, but from the comfort of my couch, bed, or balcony. I haven’t found any problems with it besides the keyboard disabling and stopping me from typing, but that doesn’t last more than a couple seconds and I’m right back. Minor inconvenience, but no reason to drop a star. Highly grateful for this app and well worth the money. I’d rather spend a few bucks on an app than spend X amount on a trackpad that I can lose and that adds to clutter.
Developer Response ,
Cool! Thanks so much for your kind words. Recently I have fixed some bugs with keyboard - if you still seeing this problem, please drop me a note to email@example.com, and let's see if I can fix it too.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Evgeny Cherpak
- 39.3 MB
- Requires iOS 14.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.2 or later.
English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2021 Evgeny Cherpak
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.