Connect your computer to big screen TV, control it remotely with keyboard, mouse, and media controls in the app, sit back on the couch and relax.
Control your Mac or Windows computer with multimedia controls, keyboard, mouse, app and system actions & AirPlay controls. Take full control of your computer from anywhere in your home or office.
Tired of sitting on the couch, having to handle keyboard and mouse on your lap to control your home media center computer? Use Remote Control on your iPhone or iPad as a trackpad and keyboard to comfortably browse on the big screen TV. Using AirPlay Mirroring and an Apple TV, your Mac could be located anywhere in your home. Simply select your Apple TV from the list of available AirPlay devices and control your Mac from the comfort of your couch or bed.
You can even start any app on your Mac, send your Mac to sleep, wake it up and perform many more useful actions to control your Mac remotely. All you need to do is download the Mac Helper application and connect your Mac and iOS device to the same WiFi. Remote Control will guide you through the simple setup process.
AT A GLANCE
- Control volume, playback and Airplay mirroring of your Mac/Windows;
- Use your iOS device as a Mac/Windows trackpad and keyboard;
- Launch and quit Apps on your Mac comfortably from your iOS device;
- Control any app on your Mac using its menu;
- Restart or shut down your Mac, change display brightness and many more useful actions;
- Enjoy the ease of use in a slick user interface you will love;
- Use the Personal Hotspot of your iOS device to control your Mac when you don’t have access to other networks;
- Control popular multimedia apps and websites like iTunes, Netflix, YouTube and etc;
- 3 steps, under 30 seconds super easy setup.
- LIFEHACKER: "This iOS app lets me control nearly every aspect of my Mac from my iPhone or iPad"
- MACSTORIES: "Remote for Mac is perfect for controlling a Mac that serves as a media center"
- MACOBSERVER: "This setup gives me full control of my Mac in the palm of my hand from anywhere in my house"
- CULT OF MAC: "Remote for Mac adds the convenience that we expect from our devices in the 21st century."
- TECHRADAR: "If you’ve a headless Mac you need to command – or just one elsewhere in your home you can’t be bothered actually walking over to – this app is first-rate stuff"
- IMORE: "Remote Control for Mac covers a lot of bases. If you've got a Mac somewhere in your house that you use for media management, Remote Control for Mac is a must-have"
- IGEEKSBLOG: "Wow!! the app does indeed think about user’s every need."
- Mac with macOS 10.10/PC with Windows 7.0 or above and free helper app installed;
- iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iOS 11 or above;
- Shared wireless network connection between your computer and iOS device.
Download free helper app from https://cherpake.com/get
Ratings are like gold for indie developers like me, please give the app a quick rating on the App Store.
* [NEW] Setting for scrolling speed
* [NEW] Disable proximity sensor when device connected to charger
* [FIX] Windows volume and playback keys for custom keypads (need to re-assign the keys in your custom keypads)
* [FIX] Better support for keyboard input using dictation
* [FIX] Lock keyboard modifier keys (CTRL,ALT and etc) now works not just for first keyboard shortcut
* [FIX] Minor UI fixes and improvements
* [NEW] Schedule AirPlay actions
* [NEW] Set photo as wallpaper from the app settings
* [FIX] App menu is now accessible from the APPS tab
* [FIX] Connection to default computer set in settings
* [FIX] Support latest iOS version
* Choose computer you want to connect to automatically
* Hide computers from the list (useful if you sharing network with other people)
* Update Mac helper app from iOS app using administrator user name & password (EXPERIMENTAL)
* New icon
* Control volume on Windows using physical volume buttons on iPhone/iPad
* Fix sleep action for Windows
* More minor fixes
* If at First You Don't Succeed, Try, Try Again... fixing issues with keypad editor introduced in last update
* Trying to make keypad editor easier to use
* Fix entering color as hex value to accept letters
* Fix swiping direction between keypads
* Fixes for Windows (modifier keys, adding media keys and etc.)
* Fix animation when showing keyboard
* Fix executing Windows actions in keypads
* Allow to enter color as hex string (for accent/background)
* Fix for watch app to send string in keypads
* More minor UI fixes
Ratings are like gold for indie developers like me.
Please take a moment to rate the app on the App Store.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Pretty frickin cool
I found this app after searching for a few weeks for something like it. Reading reviews and comparing capabilities and such. I initially got the free version to see if it did what I was looking for and was greatly impressed with this apps functions and customizable options. It works really well almost identical to a mouse/remote control. Exactly what I wanted.
One downfall which I think is not too bad is that when I finally bought the full version it started to crash, (could’ve also been my internet connection because that later changed) but sometimes it doesn’t want to automatically connect to my MacBook. I don’t mind this too much because I’m not too lazy to just do whatever I need to on my actual laptop if the app is down or maybe updating. But as a paid version I suppose it could be improved (?) I’m pretty laid back on regardless mostly because overall with everything laid out in front of me, I really like this app. It gets the job done and continues to improve anyway so it’s not a big deal.
One last thing. Every time I use this app my friends and family are always amazed that I’m controlling my laptop from my phone. I think it’s great and definitely worth the purchase for the full version.
Developer Response ,
Hi, please help me fix those crashes - drop me a note to firstname.lastname@example.org
Time = Money
The track pad I was considering buying, no longer on the table. This allows me to only need my phone for my mac and other needs. As my TV remote is used for power, volume, and changing sources. I can use less and do more, gives me the freedom to be in another room on the same wifi and play music across my home from my mac. Launching apps like Netflix, or VPNs are a breeze, I can leave my mac closed and do everything as I have been before, but from the comfort of my couch, bed, or balcony. I haven’t found any problems with it besides the keyboard disabling and stopping me from typing, but that doesn’t last more than a couple seconds and I’m right back. Minor inconvenience, but no reason to drop a star. Highly grateful for this app and well worth the money. I’d rather spend a few bucks on an app than spend X amount on a trackpad that I can lose and that adds to clutter.
Developer Response ,
Cool! Thanks so much for your kind words. Recently I have fixed some bugs with keyboard - if you still seeing this problem, please drop me a note to email@example.com, and let's see if I can fix it too.
A True Benchmark For Thoughtful Utility
This app (and its companions) are truly an exercise in thoughtful ingenuity. Basically if you want something, anything really, done on your Mac, this remote app allows you to either do it from a premade function within the app or spend a few minutes “building” the feature you want to use to manipulate your Mac with scripts and Siri commands (and I’m sure much more). I do wish the app developers website was more detailed in how to use the many, many, many features. I’ve mostly caught on but I can tell there’s this entire feature set waiting in there to be utilized but I’m just not savvy or knowledgeable enough to know and the directions are scant or relegated to more basic functions. However, having more options than you know how to use isn’t exactly my idea of a huge problem. The apps are constantly being updated and always becoming more useful and streamlined. It’s obvious with every update someone who cares about these products is on the other end dreaming up ways to polish the feature set. Thanks, friend!
Developer Response ,
WOW! Thanks for your kind words. I would love to know what I can do to improve the rating from 3 stars though.
- Evgeny Cherpak
- 40.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2020 Evgeny Cherpak
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.