Get fit while exploring famous cities virtually! Remote Walk provides a new fitness experience by allowing you to walk in different cities from the comfort of your local neighborhood routes.
Walking is a great way to get in shape both mentally and physically. With Remote Walk, you can make this fun and have the motivation to walk more!
While you are walking outside on your routine walking routes, Remote Walk tracks your distance traveled and translates it to the virtual route. It gives you the experience of actually walking in the selected city! The app also provides exercise statistics including distance, speed, calories and steps -- including keeping a history of your walks.
As you pass landmarks in the routes, you get notifications on your phone and connected Apple Watch. Also, the passed landmarks will be spoken to you, and mixed with any current music you are playing on your phone. So don't forget to wear your headphones. The more you walk, the more landmarks you pass, and the more exercise you get.
- Ability to view your position on the virtual map using google maps view. When you move locally, you see your position progress on the route map.
- Ability to see street view of your virtual route that updates in real time as you walk to make you feel like you are there. You can look around the street view using standard gestures.
- Routes have various landmarks. As you pass them, they are announced via audio, and you also get notifications on your phone/watch.
- A landmark view is available where you can see information on all the landmarks you passed as well as ability to jump to Wikipedia entry of the landmark as well as jump into a 360 panoramic view of the site using Google maps technology.
- A real-time exercise statistics page where you can see your current walking statistics like steps count, distance and time.
- Ability to save your walks and view history
- Interesting routes and landmarks
- 3 free routes, in famous areas of Chicago, San Francisco and New Orleans(full features for those routes)
- Low price premium upgrade gives you all routes!
- Additional premium routes include Boston Freedom Trail, London Westminster, Washington DC, Atlanta, and more, with more to be added!
No sign in or subscription required!
Note that the default mode is to use GPS to mirror your route to the virtual route, so you must be walking outside and actually moving! There is also steps and timer modes where you can use while on a treadmill. See More->Settings.
Ratings and Reviews
Good Exercise Motivation
This app really makes me walk faster and longer trying to get to all the landmarks. I highly recommend!
Fantastic App, Best App that I’ve seen for my daily exercises
- RoamPath, LLC
- 119.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 RoamPath, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Access $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.