Share photos, videos, locations, and audio recordings with all of your family members using social media tools, Smart TVs, and mobile applications.
You don't have to invite Grandma and Grandpa to your social networks anymore or teach them how to use the latest app, instead link your accounts to Remotely Close and their likes and comments stay on Remotely Close.
In this release we fixed several issues affecting the latest iPhone and Android hardware and software updates. In addition we added additional features to enhance the use of the application.
Important Note: Push notifications will no longer work in previous versions, so you will have to upgrade your application to this version for notifications to work again. We apologize for the inconvenience but it was necessary in order to setup the platform for continued growth.
- Upload Progress: When sharing new information with your family that includes media (photos, videos, location, audio), a progress bar will show at the bottom of the card giving you a visual indication of the upload progress. You can also delete the card if it experiences errors or you want to revoke what you shared.
- Family Engagement Notifications: You can now enable a new feature for Remotely Close to monitor how often certain members use the application as well as how often others are sharing information with those members. This feature allows you to make sure the family is sharing photos/videos (and other content) with certain groups of members, such as the seniors in your family. The feature is easily configurable to make sure it doesn't become a nuisance, but rather a helping hand in reminding members to share.
- Push Notification Settings: You can now configure the use of Push Notifications by the platform, configuring which types of notifications you wish to receive as well as disabling them entirely.
In-App Feedback: You can now submit feedback from within the application that will open a request in our support system. Please let us know how the system is working for you, as well as any issues you encounter.
Bug Fixes / Improvements
- Push notifications related to card sharing (so and so liked your post, so and so shared something with you, etc.) will now open the card details view for the card related to the notification.
- You will now be notified when a member joins your family and any changes in family membership will be refreshed whenever your feed is updated.
- Certain models of iPhones (7+) experienced issues trying to upload images and videos, those issues have all been fixed.
- iPhone X users were unable to record videos or upload images, and the application did not take advantage of the new screen layout. These issues have been resolved.
- The latest versions of Android were unable to take pictures and upload them. We have resolved those issues as well.
- We improved the handling of videos on the devices while waiting for them to upload to the cloud, which should improve the performance of your feed while waiting for the uploads to complete.
- We improved the uploading of large images and videos so they can take place in smaller chunks, which can be resumed if you closed the app before the upload was completed. We also added visual cues to allow you to know which specific cards are experiencing issues.
- We improved error messages in certain situations where it would appear the application was frozen to explain why a feature may not be available on your particular device.
We hope you enjoy these new features and improvements, your feedback is always appreciated!
Hit us up anytime at https://support.remotelyclose.com .
- Newyu, Inc
- 18.9 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 Newyu, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.