RemotePad is an open source application that controls the mouse cursor of your desktop PC. This way, you can use your iPhone or iPod touch as a wireless touchpad!
• Mouse control with a virtual touchpad.
• Software keyboard for ascii text inputs.
• Server support for major platforms, namely, Mac OS X, Windows, Linux and BSD.
• Bonjour (Zeroconf) server detection under Mac OS X.
• Customizable appearence and behaviour.
• Landscape mode.
• Two finger vertical and horizontal scrolling.
• Mouse control via acceleromenter.
• Send arrow keys.
• BSD-style licensed source codes.
• Computer running a version of the RemotePad Server
(free download from http://www.tenjin.org/RemotePad/downloads.html)
• WiFi connection
• Option to choose mouse locations
• Disconnect button at the top of the Setup menu
• Many bug fixes
• Servers were also improved and bugs fixed.
• Status icon on the menu bar with RemotePad Server for Mac
• GUI version of RemotePad Server for Windows
Ratings and Reviews
I can't even get it to work!
When the app starts it freezes up and doesn't let me do anything.
Helps to disable Bluetooth
I have trouble with the mouse moving slowly and being choppy until I disable Bluetooth on my iPhone. With Bluetooth off, the cursor moves very smoothly. I also have never seen the app find a Windows computer using Bonjour (I always have to input the IP address), but once I get it connected it works great.
Found this while looking for an open source remote mouse. After a few speed modifications, I can use my iPad as a huge trackpad with single and two finger taps for mouse buttons!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.