● ● Optimized for iOS 11 ● ●
● ● The only Remote Desktop client you'll ever need! ● ●
●NOTE● This is not a Lite version, it's FULLY working for just $3.99 (Regular Price) (Only extras beyond VNC: like RDP, SSH and Telnet are in-app purchases)
● If you're looking for an all-inclusive version without in-app purchases, please go to Remoter Pro (See icon link to the left) Remoter Pro doesn't replace Remoter VNC: http://fb.me/1GJZ7D5nC ●
●●●●● LifeHacker.com ●●●●● says: "Remoter, (...) is currently on sale and is a pretty feature rich VNC app. (...) Setting things up is as simple as entering your VNC information and pressing connect. Remoter gives you just about every option you'd need in a VNC client"
●●●●● "A great multipurpose tool for managing your machines. I can't even count the number of times this little app has saved the day when I'm stuck in a meeting and can't get to a terminal to check on things. Nothing else on the App Store that I tried even came close -- this app does everything and it does it all better than the competition" JG401 v3.8.6 Dec 2012 USA
●●●●● "There are a lot of other VNC apps that cost a LOT more than this app, and (IMHO) they aren't as good. I use it to connect to Linux and Windows computers on my network. It has never crashed and has a low memory footprint. I recommend this app to anyone looking for an easy, good, and affordable VNC client." binaryloop v3.8.6 Mar 2013 USA
●●●●● "Use it all the time from my iPad to control all my macs, ESP the entertainment center. Also use the Mac version, as 2 of my Mac minis are now headless. When I want something on the entertainment center iMac, the first thing I pick up is the iPad and the remoter app" Bruce Funk, v3.8.6, May 2013 USA
●●●●● "Best VNC I've tried: Best UI, support for WOL. At this price, a give-away. Very rarely crashes, seems pretty stable. Speed over 3G acceptable" frog_fiddler v3.8.6 Mar 2013 UK
●●●●● "Fantastic, it just works Reproduces full mouse functionality on a touch screen 1/8 the price of my previous client and 10 times the functionality If you want a VNC client you will be delighted with this product" Polypsychic v3.8.6 Feb 2013 UK
● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●
Remoter is intuitive and very easy to use! Support is available at http://remoterlabs.com
● External Keyboard support
● Compatible with Mac Screen Sharing, UltraVNC for Windows, VNC on Linux
● iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch! Buy once, run on all your devices! iOS 9.3 and up!
● Support for sound/music redirection from your Mac and easy setup without port-forwarding / dynamic DNS with RemoterFusion add-on
● Support for RDP (including Windows 10!) (and secure NLA), SSH and Telnet, VNC over SSH, RDP over SSH, and arbitrary SSH port tunnels via In-App purchases
● Advanced URL invocation system (see http://goo.gl/QvJZ1)
● Virtual TrackPad allows for precise and intuitive control! right-click, dragging and scrolling! Four trackpad modes (New: thumb friendly trackpad)
● SSH public-key authentication with SSH Key manager (import, generate, email, copy to/from clipboard your SSH keys)
● Support for recording and running Macros!
● UltraVNC MS Login Support, Server-Side Scaling and Multiple Monitor support
● Wake-on-Lan Support
● Bonjour and NetBIOS computer discovery
● Supports BOTH Landscape and Portrait orientations
● Intuitive Pinch to Zoom and drag to scroll. Also presets: "Fit Height", "Fit Width" and "1:1"
● Special Keys: Including: Esc, Tab, Alt, Up, Down, Right, Left, PageUp, PageDown, F1..F12, Control-Alt-Delete, Command, Windows-key, etc
● Fullscreen mode
● Clipboard synchronization (Paste is universal, but copy requires server support)
● Backup and Restore your sessions to/from Dropbox with the CloudSync Manager!
- Improvements, bug fixes.
- Improved Danish keyboard input (thanks to Johannes Djernæs)
Ratings and Reviews
Good for me
I only use it locally—on my wifi network. I use my TV as a monitor, so times when I am watching something or when I am in another room and just need to check something quickly. It is pretty functional for that usage, although I wouldn’t try watching videos through it. I don’t have other software that does the same thing to compare it to, so my rating is just based on usefulness over time. The integrated mouse/touchpad control raise the rating.
As per my original review, this app was GREAT! Today, not so much. I haven’t used it in some time, but just tried to remote in to my iMac upstairs. It failed. Since I recently replaced my routers and updated my fixed ip addresses, I thought maybe that was an issue. It wasn’t, or shouldn’t have been (using Bonjour addressing, which was unchanged). So I decided to try editing the password, even though that had not changed. I can’t. The keyboard won’t stay on the screen. I tried re-adding the server (Remoter sees everything on my network just fine), but again.... the keyboard is borked. I had to resort to my MacBook Air to remote in and do a quick task. So the problem here obviously is Remoter.
Once you get used to it, Remoter works outstandingly well with OS X's built-in VNC server. It has different "modes" for the mouse cursor (move, drag, scroll, etc) and you can zoom in and out easily. I have found it works poorly with alternative VNC servers like RealVNC, but that may be more a problem with them, not Remoter.
Used to be great, broken under iOS 12, no update in a year
I tried to put it all in the title. As others have written, the app seems to have stopped working. I can’t connect to machines I used to have no trouble connecting to, and there’s a keyboard issue that prevents me from entering text on the setup pages. App hasn’t been updated in a year and the latest posts on their user forum are dated 2016.
Stay away, at least until there’s an update.
- Remoter Labs LLC
- 87.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 RemoterLabs LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Remoter Complete $3.99
- SSH Secure Shell Add On $0.99
- RDP Add On $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.