• ● Optimized for iOS 12+ (iOS 13-specific updates soon!) ● •
•• The only Remote Desktop client you'll ever need! ••
•NOTE:• This is not a Lite version, it's FULLY working for just $3.99 (Regular Price) (Only extras beyond VNC: like RDP, SSH and Telnet are in-app purchases)
• If you're looking for an all-inclusive version without in-app purchases, please go to Remoter Pro (See icon link to the left) Remoter Pro doesn't replace Remoter VNC: http://fb.me/1GJZ7D5nC •
••• LifeHacker.com ••• says: "Remoter, (...) is currently on sale and is a pretty feature rich VNC app. (...) Setting things up is as simple as entering your VNC information and pressing connect. Remoter gives you just about every option you'd need in a VNC client"
●●●●● "A great multipurpose tool for managing your machines. I can't even count the number of times this little app has saved the day when I'm stuck in a meeting and can't get to a terminal to check on things. Nothing else on the App Store that I tried even came close -- this app does everything and it does it all better than the competition" JG401 v3.8.6, USA
●●●●● "There are a lot of other VNC apps that cost a LOT more than this app, and (IMHO) they aren't as good. I use it to connect to Linux and Windows computers on my network. It has never crashed and has a low memory footprint. I recommend this app to anyone looking for an easy, good, and affordable VNC client." binaryloop v3.8.6, USA
●●●●● "Use it all the time from my iPad to control all my macs, ESP the entertainment center. Also use the Mac version, as 2 of my Mac minis are now headless. When I want something on the entertainment center iMac, the first thing I pick up is the iPad and the remoter app" Bruce Funk, v3.8.6, USA
●●●●● "Best VNC I've tried: Best UI, support for WOL. At this price, a give-away. Very rarely crashes, seems pretty stable. Speed over 3G acceptable" frog_fiddler v3.8.6, UK
●●●●● "Fantastic, it just works Reproduces full mouse functionality on a touch screen 1/8 the price of my previous client and 10 times the functionality If you want a VNC client you will be delighted with this product" Polypsychic v3.8.6, UK
Remoter is intuitive and very easy to use! Support is available at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Multiple simultaneous connections
• RemoterFusion compatible (for connecting and sound streaming)
• Universal Binary: iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch! Buy once, run on all your devices!
• Advanced URL invocation system (see https://is.gd/fKNHEN)
• Novel Virtual TrackPad allows for precise and intuitive control! right-click, and dragging. Scroll with a side-scroller bar
• International keyboard support for servers that don't support direct input mode: German, Swiss-German, Russian, French, Danish and Spanish Keyboard mappings.
• Supports BOTH Landscape and Portrait orientations
• Intuitive Pinch to Zoom and drag to scroll. Also presets: "Fit Height", "Fit Width" and "1:1"
• Special Keys: Including: Esc, F1..F12, Control-Alt-Delete, Command, Windows-key, etc
• Wake-on-Lan Support
• Network computer discovery
• Fullscreen mode
VNC / Screen Sharing (Included):
• Fast VNC protocol 3.8 supported. Compatible with MacOS' Screen Sharing, the latest UltraVNC for Windows and Linux VNC servers
• Support for sound/music redirection from MacOS and easy setup without port-forwarding / dynamic DNS with RemoterFusion
• UltraVNC MS Login Authentication Support, Server-Side Scaling and Multiple Monitor support
RDP / Windows Remote Desktop:
• Remote Desktop Gateway and RDP over SSH support
• Support for NLA encryption
• Clipboard synchronization (Paste is universal, but copy requires server support or Remoter Fusion)
SSH / Telnet:
• Support for SSH and Telnet, VNC over SSH, RDP over SSH, and arbitrary SSH port tunnels
• SSH supports public-key authentication. Included SSH Key management system to generate, copy to and from clipboard the SSH keys
• Support for macros
• Configuration option for bottom toolbar (removed solid toolbar option)
• Misc fixes, including a fix to hide the bottom toolbar when going fullscreen
A big shout-out to user Jon D. who was instrumental in beta testing, debugging and reporting for this version!
• RDP Remote Desktop Gateway Support
• Updates and Improves RDP library
• Improvements for safe area guidelines
• Improves error reporting on disconnections
• Fixes several crash bugs on RDP and RDP over SSH
• Fixes first-responder status of username/password requests (thanks to user Daniel O. for reporting)
• Fixes crash when connecting to certain Mac computers via VNC
• Multiple fixes in SSH Key Import, Session Editor, Remoter Config
• Fixes to prevent SSH session crash
• Misc updates / fixes
• Swift 5 / Xcode 10.3
• Warnings / Tech debt updates
• Library updates including OpenSSL, Dropbox
• To support latest libraries, frameworks, minimum target is now iOS
Ratings and Reviews
good app but where is the insert key for RDP?
I use Remoter for Remote Desktop to Windows servers. The popup extended key bar is great for access to F1-F14 and other keys. But I have been unable to locate the INS Insert key..
Searched the Remoter-Labs web forum and on google. No doc can be found to add keys to the key bar.
Overall this is a great app. Just missing the insert key.
I'm using the app on a iPad Pro 10.5 with smart keyboard. Apple keyboards do not use an insert key.
please update doc for the keyboard keys or the software to support the insert key.
As per my original review, this app was GREAT! Today, not so much. I haven’t used it in some time, but just tried to remote in to my iMac upstairs. It failed. Since I recently replaced my routers and updated my fixed ip addresses, I thought maybe that was an issue. It wasn’t, or shouldn’t have been (using Bonjour addressing, which was unchanged). So I decided to try editing the password, even though that had not changed. I can’t. The keyboard won’t stay on the screen. I tried re-adding the server (Remoter sees everything on my network just fine), but again.... the keyboard is borked. I had to resort to my MacBook Air to remote in and do a quick task. So the problem here obviously is Remoter.
Once you get used to it, Remoter works outstandingly well with OS X's built-in VNC server. It has different "modes" for the mouse cursor (move, drag, scroll, etc) and you can zoom in and out easily. I have found it works poorly with alternative VNC servers like RealVNC, but that may be more a problem with them, not Remoter.
Perfect for External Display + Bluetooth Mouse (iOS 13)
I use my iPad with an external display (HDMI out) and I've recently set up a bluetooth mouse (which you can now do as of iOS 13). The other VNC apps do some kind of special handling for external displays, and the iPad's mouse cursor is not visible. *This app is the only one that simply mirrors the iPad (like the system default) including the mouse cursor!* One small improvement might be that a long press could become a right-click, because I can activate a long press with the right mouse button because that's how I mapped the mouse buttons when I first set it up.
- Remoter Labs LLC
- 62.9 MB
Requires iOS 12.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 RemoterLabs LLC
- In-App Purchases
- SSH Secure Shell Add On $0.99
- Telnet Shell Add On $1.99
- Remoter Complete $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.