Remotix is a fast, secure and feature packed remote desktop tool to access your computer from anywhere.
Here is what Remotix users say:
“This is one of the very few Remote Desktop apps in the past decade that I haven’t wanted my money and my investment of time back on.”
• NEAR - low-latency, adaptive, H.264-based remote desktop protocol
• File Transfer: transfer your documents between remote machines
• Apple Screen Sharing, VNC and RDP, including RD Gateway
• Connect from anywhere
• Syncs computers and credentials across all devices
• Automatic clipboard synchronization
• Secure SSH connections with both password and public key auth
• Discovers all nearby machines using network scanners
• Master password, Face ID & Touch ID protection
• Designed for iPhone, iPad and iPad Pro
• Take and share the screenshots of the remote machine
• Full set of multi-touch gestures to pan, zoom, drag, right click & scroll
• Point-and-click or touchpad-mode remote desktop control
• Hardware and bluetooth keyboard support, including F keys, cursor and modifiers
• Bluetooth mouse support
• Complete international character input
• Extended keyboard to access copy/paste, function and navigation keys
• 3D Touch for right click
If you are connecting to Mac or PC with NEAR:
• Hardware accelerated H.264 based remote desktop experience;
• Three quality modes, including “smooth” - for video & games.
• Automatically adapts to changing network conditions;
• Clipboard synchronization;
• Remote sound transfer;
• Login using system credentials or personal access code;
• Curtain mode & remote screen locking (Mac only).
If you are connecting to a Mac with Screen Sharing:
• Five quality modes, including adaptive for average and slow Internet connections
• Multi-display configuration selection, combined or each display individually
• VNC password and Mac OS X authentication methods
• Greatly improves interaction speed with server-side picture scaling,
• Multi-language keyboard input using "Keyboard through Clipboard" mode
• Remote screen locking
• Access to hidden dock or menu
If you are connecting to Windows over RDP:
• RD Gateway & load-balancing configurations
• On-the-fly resolution and scale change
• Sound playback & recording
• Real time network speed adaptation for the best performance over 3G or LAN
• Secure NLA authentication
• RDP over SSH
If you are connecting to Windows or Linux over VNC:
• Tested and works well with UltraVNC, TightVNC, RealVNC, VMWare, TigerVNC, x11vnc and other servers
• UltraVNC Windows Logon authentication
• TLS encryption and VeNCrypt authentication (ProxMox)
• x11vnc -ncache mode support
- You can add notes to connections and machines and they will appear in Remotix Hub
- Fixed "Save thumbnails" option not saving
- Fixed an issue with copying images via clipboard from RDP session
- Fixed NEAR 'keycodes' keyboard mode (for entering text in remote VMWare and others)
Ratings and Reviews
If you read the instructions it works really well, and if you think you know it all and try to set it up without reading the instructions you’ll have some trouble, until you read the instructions. The support people do it all by email for now, but they’re really very good and very quick. I’ve had two exchanges with them, and they got back to me the next day. So far I’ve hooked up to client computers: one locally, and one across the country. They are both snappy and responsive to my controls by iPad! The full laptop to laptop experience should be terrific. I recommend Remotix.
Poor: tech support; iPad pro keyboard support; audio controls
First, expect no tech support. No support boards, little documentation, no way to engage with other users. Worst experience in years with a product from this perspective. No discernible way to use function keys from the Apple keyboard for iPad Pro. The "manual" included (only accessible from launch screen, not during a session and not online) is for a Mac. They didn't bother spending an hour updating for iOS. I bought this for the remote audio recording capability which would (if properly implemented) be fantastic for Skype meetings off of my desktop at the office. No way to use AirPods or any other bluetooth headset. Only speaker and mic in the iPad. Going back to Jump Desktop which is marvelous and only lacks the recording feature.
Oh, and it does sometimes work with the Swiftpoint GT which is an awesome product, but it does not work as consistently as Jump Desktop.
Easy to setup and use, but with some odd bugs
The software is surprisingly easy to setup and use. I love the simple remote access with reporting back on the status of the devices. Two things that I would like to see work better:
1. When you configured groups in the cloud (HUB) and then open the app, the work done in the hub is overwritten by the iPad and sometimes the computer with Remotix installed on it. You don’t loose the computer, but loosing time you spent organizing is frustrating.
2. I would like to see how you configure a “Team ID” vs using a shared HUB account between technicians. I know you can add a user to the agent, but do you really want to add an admin to several agents when a new tech is hired?
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Nulana LTD
- 16 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, German, Russian
- Age Rating
- © Nulana
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.