A powerful, feature-rich batch file renamer app for the Mac that makes renaming many files quick and easy.
If you ever had to rename hundreds or thousands of files file by hand and thought "there must be an easier way", then Renamer is for you. With Renamer, you can save hours of tedious typing at the stroke of a button.
Easy, fast, fun
• Beautiful, easy-to-use user interface
• Blazing fast file renaming
• Renders the dull & tedious job of renaming files effortless & fun
• Number files sequentially
• Find and replace text
• Convert filenames to upper and lower case
• Change file extensions
• Organize songs by album, title and artist
• Insert music track numbers
• Add folder names
• Add a file's created date and time
• Insert EXIF and GPS tags into photos
• Insert image width and height
• Match and substitute regular expressions
• Remove file extensions
• Insert text at character position
• Overwrite text at character position
• Remove text in character position range
• Remove `IMG_` text from photos
• Number files randomly
• Use a spreadsheet CSV file to rename your files
• Save frequently used rename tasks
• Organize conveniently into groups
• Ships with many built-in renamerlets to get you started quickly
• Build file renamers tailored to your needs
• Mix & match built-in rename actions with simple drag & drop
• Makes assembling even the most complex file renaming tasks a breeze
• Preview how files will be renamed
• Great for fine-tuning
• Helps catch errors early
• Smart undo to easily fix mistakes
• File backup to protect against accidental data loss
• Rename with the peace of mind that your data is safe
This update fixes bugs. It is recommended that all users update.
Ratings and Reviews
Renamer - Five Year Review
I've been using Renamer since 2016. I mostly use it for renaming groups of photos to apply a consistent meaningful description. In 2019, I purchased version 5 just to stay current. However, I continued using the older version because it was more familiar. Today I purchased version 6. The price was about $17. I think the earlier versions cost less. I paid the $17 to help the developers. It's a useful app that I benefit from regularly. I like the colorful interface with version 6. A couple things that were a little confusing. First, in the old version the workflow was fairly obvious: (1) click and drag files into the app, (2) apply changes in right column, (3) click the Apply button. In version 6, you need to go to "Find and Replace" to insert text. Not intuitive. I looked for the Apply button, but there isnt' one. Then I noticed the small light colored triangle / play button and tried that to Apply the change and it worked. So, the user interface isn't super intuitive, but that's a small detail. I'll update this review if I run into any problems with the app. I'm using it on a Core i7 Mac Mini and a Mac Mini with M1 processor. I hope this helps others.
Works Very Well
I have used this app for a while and does what it says very well. Use it for my job and it always gets the job done.
Memory Leak in Catalina - Wait............
Does not work, freezes then memory error pops up on brand new macbook pro. Says app is using 62gb of memory, fans a blazing......Do not buy, quite unfortunate as the interface is nice.
Developer Response ,
Hi, could you please try again? We've made several improvements to the app, hoping to curb these.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Incredible Bee Ltd.
- 11.6 MB
- Requires macOS 10.14 or later.
English, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © (c) 2021 Incredible Bee Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.