The MDCPS Report Child Abuse app allows you to quickly and easily report instances of child abuse in the state of Mississippi.
This secure app has been provided to report suspected child abuse, neglect, exploitation, human trafficking, abandonment, child fatalities, and prevention service referrals. For help recognizing signs of abuse, please go to the MDCPS website at www.mdcps.ms.gov.
A situation where a child is at immediate risk of abuse/neglect that could result in death or serious harm is considered an emergency. If you are witnessing an emergency, stop now and call 911 immediately.
Any person who knows or has reason to suspect abuse or neglect of a child by a parent, legal custodian, caregiver, or other person(s) responsible for the child’s care, is required by law to make a report to the Mississippi Department of Child Protection Services. See Section 43-21-105 and Section 43-21-353 of the Mississippi Code for more information.
BE PREPARED TO PROVIDE (as known):
1. Victim’s name, home address or location, school information, approximate age, race and sex;
2. Description of the situation and marks or bruises that may be present;
3. Person responsible for victim’s care, alleged perpetrator name(s), and witnesses to the situation;
4. Other relevant information that would expedite an investigation such as; manufacturing of drugs in the home, possession of weapons, domestic violence, etc.
You can also call the Mississippi Abuse Hotline at 1-800-222-8000 if you prefer to submit a report verbally.
- Support for showing a warning if the server will be offline for maintenance
- New county options (East Bolivar, West Bolivar, East Chickasaw, West Chickasaw)
- Support for iPhone X
- Some labels to clarify information requested
- State fields not being saved correctly in some cases
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
- Mississippi Department of Child Protection Services
- 28.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2017 Mississippi Department of Child Protection Services
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.