The MDCPS Report Child Abuse app allows you to quickly and easily report instances of child abuse in the state of Mississippi.
This secure app has been provided to report suspected child abuse, neglect, exploitation, human trafficking, abandonment, child fatalities, and prevention service referrals. For help recognizing signs of abuse, please go to the MDCPS website at www.mdcps.ms.gov.
A situation where a child is at immediate risk of abuse/neglect that could result in death or serious harm is considered an emergency. If you are witnessing an emergency, stop now and call 911 immediately.
Any person who knows or has reason to suspect abuse or neglect of a child by a parent, legal custodian, caregiver, or other person(s) responsible for the child’s care, is required by law to make a report to the Mississippi Department of Child Protection Services. See Section 43-21-105 and Section 43-21-353 of the Mississippi Code for more information.
BE PREPARED TO PROVIDE (as known):
1. Victim’s name, home address or location, school information, approximate age, race and sex;
2. Description of the situation and marks or bruises that may be present;
3. Person responsible for victim’s care, alleged perpetrator name(s), and witnesses to the situation;
4. Other relevant information that would expedite an investigation such as; manufacturing of drugs in the home, possession of weapons, domestic violence, etc.
You can also call the Mississippi Abuse Hotline at 1-800-222-8000 if you prefer to submit a report verbally.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- Support for showing a warning if the server will be offline for maintenance
- New county options (East Bolivar, West Bolivar, East Chickasaw, West Chickasaw)
- Support for iPhone X
- Some labels to clarify information requested
- State fields not being saved correctly in some cases
Ratings and Reviews
This app is way to important for it to NOT WORK!
this app is an absolute nessecity for reporting harmful situations!
What if a kid is being abused and they can’t make a phone call without the person hearing so they go to use this app and it fails to load, that could have very well been that child’s only chance for help ?
I really hope y’all take the time and resources to fix this!
APP DOESN’T WORK
When you select start to begin the process the app shuts down and closes out. If this a child’s only defense, you are are SERIOUSLY dropping the ball for the children in the community!!!!
Please fix this app. It really helps to have mobile access with my job.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Mississippi Department of Child Protection Services
- 29.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2017 Mississippi Department of Child Protection Services
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.