“Waste less time and get more done with RescueTime, an outstanding time-management tool that provides intelligent insights into how you spend your days. It's one of the best productivity apps we've ever tested.” - PC Mag
Over the past 10 years, RescueTime has helped millions of people understand how they spend their time on their digital devices so they can build better habits, become more focused, and take back control of their time.
**New Users:** The RescueTime iOS app works best when paired with the free RescueTime desktop app. Once you download the app on your iPhone or iPad you’ll get instructions on how to get RescueTime set up and working for you.
• Set and track daily goals directly from your iOS device:
• Add, edit, and delete daily goals for both mobile and desktop directly from your iOS device
• See your progress towards all your daily goals in one place
Automatically track your device time (across mobile, desktop, and web):
• Track the number of times you pick up your device and how much time you spend on your iOS device
• Discover how much time you spend on desktop apps and specific websites
• Check how productive you’re being with the desktop Productivity Pulse
• Build better habits by understanding how your mobile time impacts your focus and productivity
• Avoid burnout with real-time updates on your mobile and desktop time
Notifications for when you spend too much time on your phone
• Set Alerts for when you go over your screentime goals
Weekly reports on your productivity and time
• Get a full summary of how you spend your time each week
• Full reports and charts–along with goals, alerts, and other features–are available via the RescueTime web app
Privacy and Support
• Total control over what gets tracked and when (via the desktop app)
• Location data is stored locally on your device and never shared
• We adhere to the stringent GDPR standards
• Additional support for macOS, Windows, Linux, and many popular browsers
Help us improve:
• If you have ANY issues or questions, please contact us via the help system or send an email to email@example.com and give us a chance to help you.
– Fixes for issues some users have been experiencing with Goals.
– Updates for new authentication methods.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Could be Better
So far I’ve used this app for around a month and it does a good job in allowing me to track my hours on my desktop/laptop. However, with this recent update that allows “device tracking”, it isn’t what I thought it would be like. For some reason you must have location tracking on at all times in order to track your time. Also, it can’t even do that correctly. When I checked my phone at the end of the day it said I had no time on my device which was definitely wrong as shown on my apple screen time. Even then, there is no option so far to categorize the time on my phone. Right now, this new feature doesn’t add anything, but for tracking time on desktop it’s fine.
Only works with battery draining GPS tracking ALWAYS on
I DO NOT get why they feel the need to track my location at all times, just to track what apps I'm using on my phone.??? I tried it for 2 days and it just drained my battery nonstop. You guys need to fix this. You don't need to know where I am at every moment of the day. That needs to be an OPTION, that most people wouldn't want anyway. Trash app, don't use this until they get it together.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We do wish this was something that we had more control over, but this was necessary to provide the number of pick-ups and time spent on the device. -- Bianca RescueTime Support 💡Have an idea for a new feature? Share it with us here! How would you rate my customer support? Great Okay Not Good
Desktop awesome! Phone disappointing...
First of all I must say RescueTime increased my productivity by a huge margin and helps me stick to my goals.
I downloaded the mobile app so I could see my desktop usage on the go but was a bit disappointed since it allows no date filtering or goal setting from the app, I wish the app would let me see everything just like the website.
Hope it gets added soon!
Keep it up!
- RescueTime, Inc
- 20.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 RescueTime, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.