Can't decide where to eat? Let Restaurant Roulette choose for you!
Find open restaurants near you that serve the food you're craving & fit your price range - then spin the roulette wheel to randomly pick one! We'll help you put together a list of restaurants - you can search near you, search using a map, search near a zip code, or enter your own restaurants. You can even view details about each restaurant before adding them to the roulette wheel! Last of all spin the wheel and let Restaurant Roulette decide where you should go for your next meal (or maybe even dessert?) We'll even give you directions to get there. Ready to find your next favorite place to eat? Download Restaurant Roulette for free!
• Find nearby open restaurants using your location, a map, or a zip code.
• Filter restaurants by food category, price & distance.
• Food categories include Asian, barbeque, burgers, cajun, Chinese, crepes, dessert, Hawaiian, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, kosher, Mexican, pizza, sushi, Thai, vegan, vegetarian & waffles.
• Select restaurants you want in the roulette & even add your own restaurants to the list.
• View restaurant ratings, food types, distance, price and more! You can even see the Yelp web page for each restaurant.
• Randomly select a restaurant from your roulette list.
• Get directions to your randomly chosen restaurant.
- Fresh new UI
- Dark mode looks even better
- Option to remove the roulette-selected restaurant and spin again
- Bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Better than flipping a coin
Awesome app! I LOVE the “Add My Own Restaurant” feature. It would be ideal if that list can be saved though, so I don’t have to re-enter them each time. The reality is that the family has their favorites and those are the places we want to in the roulette pool.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review! We really appreciate the feature suggestion. Thanks to your feedback we added a feature in version 1.8 that lets you create saved lists of restaurants and use them in the roulette spinner. Our next update or two will allow you to add these lists or individual restaurants to your search results & roulette spin. Let us know what you think!
I wanted to try and discover one new place to eat, and somehow in a 20 mile radius where there’s at least 200 restaurants it gives me 22 results. None of which are a single place I’ve heard of. Why are the normal chains not popping up in this too? Out of the normal 15-20 places we frequent (Texas Roadhouse, Olive Garden, tucanos, Denny’s, ihop, Buffalo Wild Wings, red Robin) none of them appeared in the search even though they should. I expected to see all of those normal results PLUS new discoveries. Instead you suggested coffee shacks and hole in the walls, with nothing else included. If I wanted to make a list of all the restaurants in the area myself I could do that without this app. I don’t usually leave reviews but just to save you the download, this app is weak af.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review FavaronJ. We use Yelp to search for restaurants and it’s historically given pretty good results. Could you let us know where you were searching so we can take a look at the problem? Just send an email to email@example.com. It’s also possible that you had the “open now” switch turned on & did your search outside normal business hours, which is why a lot of the expected restaurants wouldn’t show up. The food category filters may also have filtered out the restaurants - sometimes Yelp can be a little funny that way. Thanks again for the feedback!
Does not show all the restaurants
Confused why many restaurants don’t show up.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review! The app uses Yelp's search system to find restaurants, so we unfortunately don't have a lot of control over what search results they give back. We've seen a few things play into the results:
1. There is a 50 result limit, so we definitely don't get back every restaurant in the area.
2. Yelp sends back the highest rated places first - so the top 50 rated places are the only ones you'll receive.
3. Restaurants aren't always indexed under the right price/food type/open hours.
To compensate for these, we've added the feature to search & add your own restaurants to the list just in case they don't show up in search. Hope this helps!
- Turbolaser LLC
- 7.5 MB
- Food & Drink
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Turbolaser
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads $0.99
- Small Tip $0.99
- Medium Tip $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.