RESTful Menu makes testing and development of APIs with ease by providing developers or testers with a minimalistic and beautiful application that can quickly be accessed right from the macOS menu bar.
This version includes the following features:
- All major HTTP methods such as GET, PUT, POST, HEAD, PATCH, OPTIONS and DELETE.
- All successful requests are saved to help you in keeping a collection of all previous requests.
- Beautiful code syntax highlighting for request headers, request body, response, and response headers.
- A variety of beautiful editor themes.
- History can also be cleared from the preferences.
- Editor zoom and ability to set zoom default from preferences.
- Status Codes and HTTP Response errors are displayed upon completion of requests.
Updated to ensure compatibility with macOS Mojave
Ratings and Reviews
It's not bad
Works as advertised, but doesn't assume http or https - make sure to explicitly put that in your URL. The default dark theme is terrible and the cursor completely disappears in the Request Parameters box. All the themes are pretty bad, and there's no theme to just inherit the default system theme. Additionally, while the menu bar icon is present, there's nothing that pops up to say "Hey, I'm running and here's how to get to me" - if you're not looking for it, it's just not intuitive. Lastly, why is this a menu-only thing? This could/should easily just be a regular windowed app; it feels like the menu bar icon is a gimick the developer just figured out and had to make that his next pet project. But, these minor quirks aside, it works, it does its job, and it seems to be, thus far, pretty bug free and fully operational.
Really Want to Like This
But... there really should be a better way to input header information. If you're going to require the user to use JSON, at least include an option to beautify/format the data as we're entering it.
Also, major problem: this doesn't seem to always obey the method type selected. I can have it set to POST, but Slim recognizes the request as something else. Not great.
Sends mulformed son
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Dilmer Valecillos
- 5 MB
- Developer Tools
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Apps Fab Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.