Retrievers is a must-have app for anyone who hunts or competes with a retriever in the field. It includes summaries and diagrams for 60 drills and setups that can be used to encourage or discourage over 20 dog behaviours.
Retrievers also lets you keep a journal for each dog that you are training. Why wait until you get home to update your journal when you can quickly record the day's events while walking your dog off the field?
Retrievers will help you train your dog to be the best that s/he can be. Are you new to drills and need to know which one(s) to choose? Are you a seasoned trainer who needs to be reminded what your options are? Simply select the behaviour that you wish to encourage or discourage, and this app will display a list of specific drills and/or basic setups to help your dog progress.
- Create a journal for each of your dogs. Each journal entry can include the name of the drill or setup, how your dog performed, the date, time, location, dog's attitude, corrections applied, etc.
- A drill INDEX that includes the summaries and diagrams of 60 drills and setups. Each drill summary includes a diagram and brief description of its purpose, setup, and strategy as well as a reference(s) to authors whose descriptions will give you enough information to train your dog.
- A behaviour INDEX of over 20 common dog behaviours that a trainer may wish to encourage or discourage. e.g Cheating, Focus, Dig-backs, etc.
- Simply tap a behaviour listed in the index to display its description. A tap on the description screen will display specific drill(s) that can be used to encourage or discourage the behaviour.
You now have the ability to attach a photo(s) to each Journal Entry !! Photos can be retrieved and viewed by swiping left or right. Zoom in/out with a 2 finger pinch.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Simple but very informative
I have had the opportunity to train with several great trainers and their knowledge of training has been substantially valuable to my sessions. Having said that, this app helps when they aren’t around and I get in a jam on a way out or correction. The diagrams are excellent an help a lot when my wife and kids are helping throw marks or set up. I can show them just what I’m looking for. Great app. Would recommend to anyone training a retriever.
The app worked great until I upgraded to IOS 13.4.1. I hope the developer investigates if that is why it stopped working.
The developer did investigate and quickly fixed the issue. This app is awesome.
Developer Response ,
Thank You for your review. Can you be more specific re what is not working? My tests on IOS 13.4.1 show no problems. Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org. The sooner I know what the problem is, the sooner I can try to fix it.
Excellent idea. We all need a method of keeping track of our training in the field, not later when we get home. It would be nice to attach a photo. But other than that this fits my needs!
- Bill Pearson
- 118.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2016 Common Sense Software Solutions, permission for use
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.