*** FREE 30 DAY SUBSCRIPTION TRIAL – READ OUR LATEST ISSUE FREE TODAY ***
Retro Gamer is the only magazine in the UK that’s fully dedicated to the halcyon days of classic gaming. If you’ve ever fondly blasted away at the Bydo Empire in R-Type, swung Bowser by the tail in Super Mario 64, or navigated all 20 levels of Matthew Smith’s Manic Miner, then this is the magazine for you. Created by a dedicated team of experts, Retro Gamer’s mission is to deliver constantly engaging and passionately written articles that cover a wide range of subjects.
We offer our readership in-depth looks at classic games and franchises, behind-the-scenes glimpses of the software houses from yesteryear, and one-on-one exclusive interviews with industry veterans such as Archer Maclean and Hideo Kojima. Stylish, entertaining and beautifully presented, Retro Gamer is the ultimate guide to video gaming’s rich and diverse history.
What you’ll find in every issue:
• Unique – Interviews and features with unique access other publications cannot rival
• History – Delving into the history of the biggest games ever made with the unique ‘making of’ section
• Community – Creating a community where readers are given a chance to have their say on some of the best games in the world
• Extensive – Covering all aspects of the retro gaming world, from the Atari 2600 right up to the PlayStation 2
Once you’ve downloaded our app, you will need to take a free trial or purchase a single issue or subscription to access our in-depth content. We also publish specials and guides - browse our publications, read what interests you most, and get inspired.
Back issues, specials, and future issues are available for purchase within the app. Subscriptions are available on 1 month, 6 months and 1 year terms, and auto-renew until you decide to cancel it. You can cancel your subscription at any point.
Individual issues are priced at:
Single issue £4.99 / $4.99 / €5.49
With subscription prices at:
1 month £2.99 / $3.99 / €3.99
6 months £17.99 / $23.99 / €23.99
1 year £29.99 / $39.99 / €39.99
Prices subject to change - please check inside the app for current pricing.
*** Please Note: Our digital edition is not printable and does not include the covermount items or supplements you would find with the print edition ***
• The free trial offer is only available to new subscribers. If you have previously subscribed then payment will be taken immediately.
• You can cancel at any time during the free trial period and you will not be charged. Simply turn off auto-renew in your Apple account subscriptions page at least 24 hours before the auto-renew is due.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
• You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase .
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
The subscription will include the current issue if you don't already own it and subsequently published future issues for the duration of your subscription period.
• We've rebranded the app with our new logo and updated the messaging system.
• Bookmarking bug fix. Some users reported that bookmarks were flickering which has now been fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
Merely gets the job done, but that’s what’s needed
Some might bemoan the lack of bells and whistles when it comes to reading the magazine in this app, but it does exactly what I want/need: shows me the page. Going page to page is quick and simple, and the higher-level navigation is where you expect it to be, up at the top.
Content wise, Retro Gamer is great, with a mix of lighter features and deeper dives into particular games/series/machines. In each issue, you will almost always learn something new.
(Not doubting problems with the app that others have reported. It’s just that I haven’t encountered those problems over my years as a subscriber.)
Can’t read issues offline, app startup takes a long time, does not fill full ipad pro screen
Retro Gamer mag is the best. However, this app has issues. 1.You can’t read issues offline, which defeats the point of having your magazines in a flight, for example.
2. Startup is really slow so you can’t have a quick read. It needs to load all store items, before you can start reading your already downloaded mag.
3. It does not fill up the full ipad pro 2018 screen, this needs to be updated.
Magazine quality is great, but these are all big downsides.
Lost a ton of purchased issues with the updated app
I LOVE this magazine. I've been a subscriber for over four years and purchased A TON of back issues; seriously hundreds spent on back issues. Unfortunately, with the new app update, nearly every issue I purchased outside of my subscription is now not available, as if I never purchased it. I've emailed the publisher five times in the two weeks and haven't gotten ANY response outside of the automated email. If you ever worry about buying issues that somehow you might be forced to repurchase in the future, DO NOT BUY FROM THIS PUBLISHER, because that's exactly what's happened to me.
- Imagine Publishing
- 44.6 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Future Publishing Limited
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Month Subscription $3.99
- 1 Year Subscription $39.99
- 6 Month Subscription $23.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.