Are you ready for REAL mobile adventure? Welcome to Retro Knight, an action/RPG/sandbox game that offers retro-inspired adventure not found on other mobile games! Play as Grudge, the newest dim-witted knight to be recruited by King Kerupt and General Jerkface, as he starts a quest to not only became the greatest knight in all of Kingdomland, but also to recover the Relics of General Importance and rid the land of monsters. Are you ready to get back to real, retro-powered adventure? Are you ready for Retro Knight?
• Venture over the countryside at your own pace, exploring where you desire in this free-roaming map full of secrets. There's always something to do as the map changes and updates daily! Ride a vespa! Go fishing! Visit the carnival! Take a balloon ride!
• Enjoy a world that operates on a real-time clock! Weather patterns, night/day changes, traveling shops and events, holidays, and even sales in select stores!
• Accept daily orders from your King to earn Badges and unlock new, top secret areas.
• Compete against other players in high-score specific arcade areas, or simply to see who has eaten the most tacos.
• Buy your own house to store more items, decorate how you like with a built-in map editor, cook, work your garden to grow food, use the 'Interweb', or just take a nice nap! Even visit other houses and see what others have made!
• Visit a Salon and customize your character (hair, skin tone, gender)!
• Go Sailing! Leave Kingdomland behind and sail to several large islands for even more treasures!
• Open your own store and sell unwanted items to other players!
• Equip dozens of different weapons, armors, and equip hundreds of different items, accessories, and magical tools (some of which might have been borrowed from other classic retro games).
• Pick up arcade-style power-ups to unleash new abilities on the monsters that long to eat you like the Fire Sword, Bottled Lightning, Ninja Stars, or Laser Guns.
• Shop at over 100 different stores in nearly a dozen different towns!
• Enjoy classically-inspired elements from retro games like Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Bubble Bobble, Castlevania, Joust, Balloon Fight, Metroid, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Bomberman, and more!
Seriously, you need this game. Hurry up and download Retro Knight for iPhone or iPad!
- New "Chaos Maze" option added after you complete Daily Orders. Never the same maze ... ever!
- HUD adjustments for keys
- Holidays updated
- Gardening adjustments
- Various minor game adjustments
- Various bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Needs Offline Mode
I’ve played this game for 30 minutes or so and the gameplay is decent so far. The humor is great and there seems to be a good amount of content. A major complaint I have is the internet requirement and the need to login every single time. I understand the game needs to save, but that could easily be done locally or through iCloud for new players, and there is little to no need for internet in other features, the real time weather system can be done with the device time, and there seems to be very little player to player interactions outside of the shops. There should be at least an option to play offline, even the offline levels of arcade mode don’t load when I’m not on the internet. The controls are also mildly infuriating, I would be much more comfortable with a virtual joystick. I’m leaving my review as 4 stars because I can see that a lot of heart and effort went into making this game, but the internet requirement and bad controls keep me from fully enjoying it. I will certainly change my review if those things get addressed.
Developer Response ,
I can understand your desire for an OFFLINE mode, but I assure you it would be impossible. If OFFLINE, the game would be near 1GB in size. Currently, 90% of the music and 100% of the levels are stored on a server, which means you only have to load areas you go to at any given moment. Likewise, having everything ONLINE allows me to make changes on the fly to any level, town, store, and a few other neat things like the kinds of items you find or fish you catch. I can literally add an entire new level right now without you having to update your device (and I'm working on quite a few right now).
The only OFFLINE mode is ARCADE MODE which has a few linear areas stored (I don't know why they are not working for you. I tested them and they load fine in "Airplane Mode".) I hope to add more OFFLINE levels later on. I have saved room for more as they are created. You can make Gnit and save it locally to your device, then add it to your save data when you get ONLINE again.
As far as the controls go, this is really the best joystick I could come up with. I tried several. There are a few options you can try out in the Options Menu which adjust size/location of the buttons.
Also, you shouldn't have to log in every time. It saves the current login and you just have to tap "Log in as ________" on the title screen.
Best rpg game for mobile ever!!
One day I was browsing the App Store for a good pixel style game on the iPhone and I came across this game. It wasn’t as big of a game as it is now but I still found a lot to do in it (there was no way to lvl up and there was only one 1 relic at this time). I have spent hours exploring the countless locations while searching for secret rooms and items when eventually an update was out that let me upgrade to lvl 2, this meant I could go to even more locations and fight new enemies and even find relic 2. This was okay for awhile but I started to feel bored exploring the already explored areas. But then lvl 3 upgrade completely changed my mind when now I was able to sail to other islands which had there own stories, enemies, items and even shops. Now there is even a way to buy/sell items with other players. I’m looking forward to the next update now and I have been playing every day. If someone is reading this thinking about getting this game... GET THIS GAME NOW you won’t regret it.
Dedicated developer = awesome gaming experience!
There is so much depth to retro knights, it’s amazing, it’s so addictive. I doubt I’ll ever run out of stuff to do/explore. If you are reading this and haven’t bought it yet, you must! Honestly, this is my new favorite game. I don’t play F2P garbage I only buy/play premium games and I can promise you, you can’t get this much entertainment out of any other paid game on the App Store. Especially for 1.99.
- Noah Wilson
- 139.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2018-2019 Smiley Crew Productions
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.