Head off on a quest to find your body parts and reclaim your throne as king of the land.
In this auto-runner you will upgrade from a sad bag of bones who can’t even jump, to a double-jumping, wall-bouncing, coin-absorbing, vengeful King.
See what the critics are saying about Zombie King:
*** Selected as one of Eli Hodapp's Top 10 games of 2016 ***
*** "Return of the Zombie King is a fun and creative twist on the endless runner genre we all know and love." - Touch Tap Play
***"Return of the Zombie King is certainly worth some of your time." - PocketGamer
- Over 100 Levels across 4 environments
- Tons of upgrades such as double jump, spike boots, and a better hippocampus!
- Amazing pixel art and effects
- More than a dozen enemies and obstacles
- A beard
Join the FREE adventurer's club to get special cheat codes and secrets delivered to your mailbox: http://eepurl.com/bemIsP
Follow me on Twitter:
So I thought I could do without releasing another update. Was just sit back but then so many people bought Zombie King after Christmas and had so many great suggestions I couldn’t help but put a new one out. So shout out to the following people
- Shout out to everyone who discovered that if you beat level 9 the game crashes.
- Shout out to the Czechs and Danes out there who discovered that if you try to play my game you don’t get ANY-TEXT-AT-ALL. So I fixed it.
- Shout out to JetJet who was so offended by my usage of the French language that he personally retranslated it for me. Aren’t the French awesome with the love of their beautiful language.
- Shout out to the Germans and Russians who pointed out that the general girth of their language is so great that it overflows the screen. That is fixed now.
- Shout out to everyone who doesn’t want to join my mailing list and just wants to continue on to the next level but can’t because I left a bug in the auto-advance code. Sorry I am not some creepy spammer just a mediocre coder.
I really appreciate all of your feedback. Thanks for making this a great game.
Ratings and Reviews
Very fun, very creative game
I love how as you get more body parts on your zombie king you can unlock jumping, seeing in color, hearing sounds/music etc. Also a unique twist that jumping uses energy, gives the game more strategy since you have to think about when to jump.
I emailed the creator thanking him for making an awesome game and he responded back to me directly, very cool of him to do! I wish more games and developers on the App Store were like this one!
What started out as a very good game, makes me want to agree with others. I guess about halfway through it you’ll get to the fire/lava levels and you’ll have everything maxed out. Nothing to spend all that gold on and no matter how many times you go through it, you can’t beat the level.
If you’re maxed out on all your abilities then you have accomplished the best your character can be, but it won’t help you.
You should be able to invest more into making your character take on such impossible levels.
Why have him maxed out and still not be strong enough to survive middle levels?
I wrote the developer, very nice guy , but not helpful. He just offered the same old tried-and-true methods that anybody should know after playing video games for 40 years. All the things that I figured out on my own should have been tricks, and advantages not requirements…
Even after I tried all that, still didn’t work. After about 100 times I had to give up. I’ve got better things to do than to get frustrated over a game that should continue to be fun.
Such a shame… Like a riddle you can’t solve… I would’ve paid cash money to continue on.
Still, to be honest, maybe you’re more up to the challenge or something… It’s certainly worth a try as it is a very good game. The guy is good! Maybe I’m just bitter for finding a game I can’t beat. haha.
I just finished the game, and I’ll miss playing it. The only thing I didn’t like is that a couple of levels were far too difficult. One level was so hard that, even with all skills unlocked and maxed out, I racked up over 50,000 gold trying to complete it. The fact that I didn’t give up attests to the quality of the game. My desire to see more levels overpowered my frustration at that one level. Well worth it, and I’ll be checking out Mr. Zukowski’s other games.
- Chris Zukowski
- 67.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Return to Adventure Mountain LLC
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.