If you’ve ever asked “What chord am I playing?” Reverse Chord Finder Pro is for you! Just select two or more notes — using piano, stringed instruments, or music notation — and the app will show you the names of the chords that match.
“This app is simply awesome! It will accelerate your discovery of new chords in leaps and bounds and raise your level of playing to new heights.” — A Happy Customer
* Enter notes in 3 different modes: Piano/Keyboard, String Instruments (guitar, bass, ukulele, etc.), and Music Score
* Extensive chord database — more than 100 chord types!
* Hear chords played as block chords or arpeggios
* Find partial chord matches to isolate passing melody notes
* Use the Favorites list to bookmark chords you’ve identified
* See the same chord represented on different instruments or in musical notation
* Left-handed String Instrument support
* String Instrument options for 3 to 12 strings, plus capo
* Music Score mode supports treble and bass staff, and all 12 major and minor keys
* View major scale degrees for selected notes to learn chord construction
* Customize chord notation (CDEFGAB, CDEFGAH, Do-Re-Mi)
MUSICIANS, COMPOSERS, AND MUSIC STUDENTS
* Analyze and write down harmonies
* Recognize and construct chords more easily
* Improve your understanding of chord theory
MUSIC TO OUR EARS
“I can look up chords faster than with any other method. Worth much more than the current price.”
“With this app I can find out what the chords are ... No more embarrassment in front of the rest of the band!”
“A songwriter’s best friend!”
Questions or comments? Need some help?
Minor bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Older version was better
November 14 update: the developer has kept his word and updated the app to address my gripe. Thanks!
The older version was better. In the older version, when you pressed on the keys in keyboard piano, it would produce the note. When you press the second time it wouldn't as if to turn the note off. The new version makes it sound both times. This is very distracting. Hopefully the new developer will fix this. Otherwise, the app is perfect.
Easy and very detailed!
This app is really great! Its detailed and will give you all the possible chord names for anything you play. Plus you can view the note names, fret numbers, or chord note intervals and switch between those options seamlessly for teaching yourself and expressing chords to others! I really like this app!! Works great on guitar or piano.
This app is what I was looking for. The only thing I would like see is an option to see the guitar , piano and music notation of the chord on the same screen. If not then a toggle button so you don’t have to go into settings to change the display. Would be nice for an export into pdf also.
- Ghostdust Pty Ltd
- 34.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Ghostdust Pty Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.