Reversi is a classic board game for two players just like chess, checkers and go. The dark and the light battle each other for victory to control the board. Reversi is also know as Go.
- Pass and Play or play against the computer across five difficulty levels.
- Modern, Simple & Clean interface.
- Full retina HD graphics for iPhone and iPad.
- 6 sleek and colorful themes to choose from.
- Large board for players of all ages.
- Helpful square highlights valid moves.
How to Play:
- The goal is to get the majority of your color discs on the board at the end of the game.
- Dark always moves first.
- A move is made by placing a disc on the board in a position that "out-flanks" one or more of the opponent's discs.
- A disc may outflank any number of discs in one or more rows in any direction (horizontal, vertical, diagonal).
- All the discs which are outflanked will be flipped.
- Discs can only be outflanked as a direct result of a move and must fall in the direct line of the disc being played.
- If you can't outflank and flip at least one opposing disc, you must pass your turn.
- Once a disc has been placed on a square, it can never be moved to another square.
- The player with the most discs of their color wins the game.
- minor bug fix
Ratings and Reviews
Nice but easy
Revisit is the perfect game for a computer to track flipping all the tokens!
The developer has done a great job with the UI and it is pleasant to look at. I normally play games with no audio but I did listen to the in-game audio provided and it did not bother me.
I downloaded this app to teach my son the game. It was perfect for that.
The only downside that I would mention is the AI is very easy to defeat. So I’m off to look for another app with a more formidable AI.
2 annoying “features”
love reversi, but 2 details that make this take on it annoying and slow. the chip drop animation is not cute nor clever, it’s disorienting - please make it optional. it’s a lag on game timing. and the no-moves pop up you have to check off every. single. time. is a pebble in the shoe.
though the official Othello app has more poorly designed graphics, still, B&Co could imitate the speed of both its Pass alert and its chip placement; in that sense it’s more functional and flows better. i would gladly make it a 5-star review if they improved these 2 annoying bugs. ads? meh, part of life.
Ads are a bit annoying
This is exactly how I'd expect to play othello. The ads are only 5 seconds but tend to pop up at weird times and are a little annoying.
I love the design and free color options for the board.
It's not super challenging. I wouldn't say I'm very good but I'm having to play on expert to lose a game. Still a solid 4 stars.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.