The classic game of Reversi, also known as Othello, is a much-loved strategy board game. It is often described as taking only a minute to learn but a lifetime to master. Each game only takes a few minutes and can be played by all ages. This continues to be one of the most sought-after versions of the game for the natural AI when playing against the CPU and the refreshing, crisp graphics.
- One or two player mode
- Six levels of difficulty from beginner to guru
- Each level has its own style of play
- Strong computer opponent at higher levels
- Very fast computer play, even on the highest level
- Hints option to help improve your game play
- Load/save games to/from file
- Custom board setup
- Gorgeously styled boards and pieces
- Retina enhanced graphics
- Animated moves
- Sound effects
- Unlimited undo and redo
- Auto-save game in progress
- Play with mouse or keyboard
Praise for the iPhone version:
"There are several free Reversi games in the app store, but none have the breadth of options or depth of AI of this paid version. AppCraver looks forward to seeing what developer Kiss The Machine comes up with next" - www.appcraver.com
"For those who are serious about playing Reversi and want a serious AI challenge get this one" - mrbass.org best iPhone and iPod Touch games
This update brings several fixes and improvements. Thank you for you support!
• Addressed some of the crashing issues, but in addition the game state is saved after every move now, so if the game does unexpectedly exit you can relaunch and continue where you were
• Changed the spinning dots shown while the computer is thinking and added the option in the preferences to disable this completely
• Improved support for dark mode
• Refreshed the graphics, which are now crisper and improved the animations
• Increased the size to which you can enlarge the board
• Updated style selection so you can now mix-and-match frame, board and piece styles
• Fixed some bugs!
Send your feedback to email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
This is a flawless adaptation of this game, by far the most elegant and seamless presented on the App Store. My only suggestion is for this company to release a full version of 'Go' as well, with 18 squares per side and the pieces played on the lines. With the burgeoning Chinese market that would most likely be successful as well.
game ok, spinning dots not so much
The graphics are good, and I like the choice of backgrounds.
But the spinning wheel of dots that shows that the computer is thinking about its move is very distracting and there’s no way to get rid of it.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for the feedback. In the latest version (2.11) the spinning dots have been replaced by a less obtrusive spinner and an option has been added in the preferences to disable this completely if you wish.
I have this game on my ipad and it is a very good game to play. I was so happy to see it for my mac. Thanks!!!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Michael Patricios
- 16.5 MB
- Requires macOS 10.6.8 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2020 Michael Patricios
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.