Translate and learn millions of words and expressions and express yourself as if you were a native speaker.
Reverso is the best tool for those who seek quality translation, looking to master a foreign language: reading, writing or speaking, and it's free.
Students, teachers, business professionals or others, whether beginners or advanced, use Reverso to learn new words or expressions, and eliminate the risk of being mistaken.
It provides you instant translations of the selected text when reading content on your browser, on Safari or any other app.
Reverso Context is based on data gathered from millions of real-life texts (official documents, movie subtitles, product descriptions) in both languages. Theses texts are processed with powerful "big data" algorithms and machine learning to provide you the best results.
What do we mean by context? The search results (translation) of a specific word or expression are weaved within real-life sentences, so you will be sure to understand and learn exactly how the word can be used, and make no embarrassing mistakes.
Just type or say the word or expression you wish to translate and the results will appear instantly: relevant translations, presented with examples of how words are used in sentences.
The app offers flashcards and quizzes based on your search history and favorites to help you memorize them and to improve your language skills. Unlike standard learning tools, it focuses on words and expressions that you really need and want to learn.
The bits and bytes:
* Instantly translate selected text when reading content on your browser, iBook or any other app, with no need to exit the app you are using. Click on the familiar "Share" option and select the Reverso option.
* Translation in 14 languages: Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, German, Polish, Dutch, Arabic, Russian, Romanian, Japanese, Turkish, Hebrew and Chinese and we are working on more.
* Advanced features include pronunciation, history, phrasebook of your favorites and more.
* Create vocabulary lists based on your personal selection of examples and translations. Lists remain available even when you’re offline.
* Enjoy natural pronunciation of complete example sentences.
* One click to get translations, frequency details, and conjugation when applicable.
* Search history, also available offline.
* Suggestions: words and expressions will be suggested to you as you type.
* Share your findings via email or social media.
Auto-renewable subscription terms:
Choose a subscription that fits your needs:
- Monthly subscription (with a 7-day free trial) for €3.99 EUR;
- Annual subscription for €29.99 EUR;
These prices corresponds to the same price tier that "Apple's App Store Matrix" determines in other currencies.
-Your free trial subscription will automatically renew to a paid subscription unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the free trial period.
-Any unused portion of a free trial period (if offered) will be forfeited when a premium subscription is purchased during the free trial period.
The free trial or the subscription can be canceled anytime by turning off auto-renewal in the iTunes account settings. This must be done 24 hours before the end of a free trial or subscription period to avoid being charged. The cancellation will take effect the day after the last day of the current subscription period, and you will be downgraded to the free version.
* Join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Reverso.net and follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.reverso.net/ReversoEN to discover new content, languages and features.
* Visit our website: http://context.reverso.net/
- iOS 14 support, including new widgets
- Multiple language support for “Text in photo”, including Chinese
- Synonyms, analogies, antonyms and definitions in several languages
- Learn new words and expressions with various activities and games, even when offline, with SRS (Spaced repetition system) and adaptive learning
- Integrated conjugation module in 10 languages available for all forms of verbs
- Improved performance and UX : faster responses, nicer graphics, and extended content.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
My favorite, but not perfect
It appears that you removed support for non English keyboards? At least, I’m not longer able to change the keyboard within the app on my device. That’s a massive drawback to those translating from Arabic and Russian. Please restore that functionality. I would give you a hundred stars if it weren’t for that; this app is really a pleasure to use, and it offers insights on each translation that I think no other service can provide. Seriously, learn to use this app. It’s one of the best translators I’ve ever used—and certainly the best translator with this degree of versatility.
EDIT: This was an iOS issue, as the developer has very helpfully informed me. 5 stars. You need this app.
Developer Response ,
This is in fact an iOS issue, and the fix is quite simple:
Go to phone`s Settings->General->Keyboard->Keyboards->Edit->Delete "Emoji" keyboard->tap on Done (if you need the emoji keyboard, you can re-add it now.)
Restart the Context app and you will be able to change the keyboard language. (in fact it will fix the issue in all other apps installed on the device)
Tired of the bugs
I’d been using this app for over a year and used to love it. In the quiz section I had an “excellent” rating and had over 200 words memorized, but now, randomly, I have a “good” rating showing only 30 words memorized. In the past I would go through and correct the lists, rechecking “memorized” again and again for each individual word, to show that I had memorized them already. But the bug is continually happening, so today I give up.
Also, I have noticed several faulty English to Spanish translations. I’m a native English speaker, with Intermediate to advanced Spanish language skills. If you are a beginner, there is no way for you to know when these translations are inaccurate.
I don’t know how to upgrade for possible bug fixes. Instead of deleting this app so I can install a possibly upgraded version, my version just goes to the cloud and then downloads back the same way.
1. Recently stopped to work context translation in iPadOS 13.3.1 (safari, news). Still shown in share menu but doesn’t open translation window.
2. For a long time is not included in share menu for books app. Used to be there.
Thanks for quick developer item 1 fix/response. Upgraded to 3 stars in expectation for item 2 reaction. Unfortunately regardless to announced books app functionality I can’t find Reverso in share context menu for any book in my books library. Will be monumentally sorry if it’s my fault and am ready to upgrade for higher level upon prompt.
Thanks for prompt response again. Probably makes sense to upgrade description (remove iBooks with reference to Apple’s role :) ).
Having no problems with functionality for now upgrading to ‘full-star’ level.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback. Happy you problem 1) is fixed. Unfortunately for 2) it's Apple's decision. They decided to not allow integration in iBooks. We're sorry for that. You can also use our browser extension on desktop (Chrome or Firefox) to access translation while reading.
- Theo Hoffenberg
- 147 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 and watchOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Reverso-Softissimo
- In-App Purchases
- Premium version 1 month $3.49
- Premium version $27.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.