Translate and learn millions of words and expressions and express yourself as if you were a native speaker.
Reverso is the best tool for those who seek quality translation, looking to master a foreign language: reading, writing or speaking, and it's free.
Students, teachers, business professionals or others, whether beginners or advanced, use Reverso to learn new words or expressions, and eliminate the risk of being mistaken.
It provides you instant translations of the selected text when reading content on your browser, on Safari or any other app.
Reverso Context is based on data gathered from millions of real-life texts (official documents, movie subtitles, product descriptions) in both languages. Theses texts are processed with powerful "big data" algorithms and machine learning to provide you the best results.
What do we mean by context? The search results (translation) of a specific word or expression are weaved within real-life sentences, so you will be sure to understand and learn exactly how the word can be used, and make no embarrassing mistakes.
Just type or say the word or expression you wish to translate and the results will appear instantly: relevant translations, presented with examples of how words are used in sentences.
The app offers flashcards and quizzes based on your search history and favorites to help you memorize them and to improve your language skills. Unlike standard learning tools, it focuses on words and expressions that you really need and want to learn.
The bits and bytes:
* Instantly translate selected text when reading content on your browser, iBook or any other app, with no need to exit the app you are using. Click on the familiar "Share" option and select the Reverso option.
* Translation in 14 languages: Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, German, Polish, Dutch, Arabic, Russian, Romanian, Japanese, Turkish, Hebrew and Chinese and we are working on more.
* Advanced features include pronunciation, history, phrasebook of your favorites and more.
* Create vocabulary lists based on your personal selection of examples and translations. Lists remain available even when you’re offline.
* Enjoy natural pronunciation of complete example sentences.
* One click to get translations, frequency details, and conjugation when applicable.
* Search history, also available offline.
* Suggestions: words and expressions will be suggested to you as you type.
* Share your findings via email or social media.
Auto-renewable subscription terms:
Choose a subscription that fits your needs:
- Monthly subscription (with a 7-day free trial) for €3.99 EUR;
- Annual subscription for €29.99 EUR;
These prices corresponds to the same price tier that "Apple's App Store Matrix" determines in other currencies.
-Your free trial subscription will automatically renew to a paid subscription unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the free trial period.
-Any unused portion of a free trial period (if offered) will be forfeited when a premium subscription is purchased during the free trial period.
The free trial or the subscription can be canceled anytime by turning off auto-renewal in the iTunes account settings. This must be done 24 hours before the end of a free trial or subscription period to avoid being charged. The cancellation will take effect the day after the last day of the current subscription period, and you will be downgraded to the free version.
* Join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Reverso.net and follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.reverso.net/ReversoEN to discover new content, languages and features.
* Visit our website: http://context.reverso.net/
- iOS 14 support, including new widgets
- Multiple language support for “Text in photo”, including Chinese
- Synonyms, analogies, antonyms and definitions in several languages
- Learn new words and expressions with various activities and games, even when offline, with SRS (Spaced repetition system) and adaptive learning
- Integrated conjugation module in 10 languages available for all forms of verbs
- Improved performance and UX : faster responses, nicer graphics, and extended content.
Ratings and Reviews
I love this app. I used to use plain old Google translate, but we all know that sometimes Google translates literally, not colloquially, and that can be confusing when you’re dealing with words that have more than one meaning (in either language)!
My favorite part of this app is the context sentences that it gives you after a translation. I (believe) it pulls context from all over the web and shows you how the word, phrase, or sentence you are translating works in real, non-academic speaking. In other words, in casual speech / writing.
I think this app is great. If you’re a serious language learner, you need this in your toolbox. It helps the learner pick up abstract meaning in sentences, that might not always come across when you’re translating “academically”.
Tired of the bugs
I’d been using this app for over a year and used to love it. In the quiz section I had an “excellent” rating and had over 200 words memorized, but now, randomly, I have a “good” rating showing only 30 words memorized. In the past I would go through and correct the lists, rechecking “memorized” again and again for each individual word, to show that I had memorized them already. But the bug is continually happening, so today I give up.
Also, I have noticed several faulty English to Spanish translations. I’m a native English speaker, with Intermediate to advanced Spanish language skills. If you are a beginner, there is no way for you to know when these translations are inaccurate.
I don’t know how to upgrade for possible bug fixes. Instead of deleting this app so I can install a possibly upgraded version, my version just goes to the cloud and then downloads back the same way.
Good, but could use significant improvement
My main issue is that a huge percentage of the example translations into English from Portuguese are incorrect. Often the issue is that some English slang has been inserted inappropriately. Other times the sentence translated is completely unrelated, or the original or translation differ significantly (usually one version omits part of the text). Fortunately, I can detect this, but it might not be clear to beginners. A related issue is that when I try to report the errors, there’s not an option to describe this easily.
Another issue that just came up is that sometimes I no longer can copy and paste translated phrases. And at other times I get constant notifications that Reverso has pasted text into whatever app I’m using (not sure what it is doing, if anything). I have the Premium version, so this is particularly annoying.
Developer Response ,
Hello, Thank you for getting in touch with us. The problem you reported requires a more in-depth analysis. Please send an e-mail with all the details to our technical support team at email@example.com. We assure you that we are constantly working on improving our service.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Theo Hoffenberg
- 208.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Reverso-Softissimo
- In-App Purchases
- Premium version 1 month $3.49
- Premium version $27.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.