Lose Yourself Without Getting Lost.
This handy application presents you several self-guided city walks, featuring the best of the city. It comes with detailed walk route maps and powerful navigation features enabling you to see the best of the city. No need to hop on a tour bus or join a tour group; now you can explore all the city attractions on your own, at your own pace, and at a cost that is only a fraction of what you would normally pay for a guided tour.
Sightseeing walks included in this application are:
* Art Galleries Tour (5 sights)
* Museums in Reykjavik (6 sights)
* Shopping in Reykjavik (7 sights)
* City Orientation Walk (14 sights)
* Churches of Reykjavik (6 sights)
* Everyday Life in Reykjavik (8 sights)
* South Reykjavik (7 sights)
No Data Plan or Internet is Needed, and No Roaming either. All the data used in this app is built into the software, so you can follow the city walks or use the city map without internet access or cellular data plan. No need to pay the costly roaming charges when traveling to foreign cities. The app works with your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
The powerful navigation assistance includes:
* Walk routes clearly displayed on map.
* Precise walking directions from one sight to the next.
* `FindMe` displays your exact location and Auto Tracking displays your movement on the map (this feature is not supported by the iPod Touch and iPad wifi models).
* Built-in compass to show you the direction.
* Create your own walks to see the attractions you like.
* A detailed city map which can be used independently for your other traveling needs.
Please visit our website at www.GPSmyCity.com to find city walks for over 470 cities worldwide.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. This app gives you the option to turn off the GPS tracking in the background to prolong the battery life.
- User interface and stability enhancements.
- Added tutorial videos.
Ratings and Reviews
This best described as a link to multiple upgrades for this to be what it purports to be. Limited information. One upgrade leads to another!
Waste of money
Difficult to use. Not user friendly. Users are limited to predetermined sites. For example, I want to attend the photography museum at the Reykjavik City Library and it not included. Allegedly one can add custom locations but the map feature does not allow you to search for them. I spent too long trying to plan my walk for the day. I'm going to ditch this and make my way with google maps. Would like my $5 back.
- GPSmyCity.com, Inc.
- 99.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2011 GPSmyCity.com Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.