The RF Haversine (RF Propagation and profile Analysis Tool) bring our experience gained on Radio Propagation to the mobile market.
RF Haversine is the first application for iPhone and iPad with which you can quickly check:
- Check the Terrain Profile between two locations (elevation provided by a public server)
- Calculate radio budget based on terrain profile and radio parameters
- Calculate earth bulge
- Calculate DIFFRACTION LOSS (calculating only for the first major obstruction from profile)
- Calculate attenuation loss for O2 and Vapour (Vapour Density 7.5g/m3)
- Calculate Fade Margin for different radio availability - based on K region (Rain Fall region - ITU-R PN.837-1)
• Email the radio link report and KML file
• Open KML file in other compatible application
• For the new links you can use your current location, select a point on the map or from history
• Import new links from CSV
• Option for Imperial Units
• Option for Earth Bulge k=2/3 (default 4/3)
• Option to show 60% Fresnel "marker"
The RF Haversine analysis covers the range of 35MHz- 48GHz.
All you need - The tool requires an internet connection for terrain profile.
No training is required and the grip is immediately.
The information and the results provided on this software are not a substitute for professional radio planning tool! They are for general information purposes only!
- Fixes and optimizations for iOS 10
- Dropped support for iOS 6
Ratings and Reviews
How to edit?
I see no way to edit a site once the coordinates are entered. That means i have to start the entire site coordinates for both ends over again?
I tried to use the App Support link and there is no way to contact the developer. This stinks
Developer Response ,
Hi, in the app.. there is the "Contact" button - the button opens a new email to "firstname.lastname@example.org".
You could contact us for new improvements - we were expecting them with pleasure.
Program covers 30 MHz and above
Purchased this program coverage 7mhz to 30 MHz. No where on the snap view is this stated. Suckered in and no way to get a refund. Vendor should be removed for incomplete information.
Developer Response ,
Please, read again the description: "The RF Haversine analysis covers the range of 35MHz- 48GHz" - it's written from 2013
Great for long distance WiFi
After spending much time calculating and testing an 8 mile wifi bridge, I ran across this app! And what a time saver this is. Sure there are a lot more expensive software platforms & even businesses that figure all the info for you, but for the price, this app is hard to beat! The convenience of having it on your tablets makes it even more practical. For long range wifi setups, & small community wireless infrastructure design, this app is great. So far I have found the info calculated to be very accurate (as long as accurate coordinates, equipment, & frequency info is used). Of course, no program can replace the final site survey, but this app will get you going in the right direction.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.