From critically acclaimed storytelling to powerful photography to engaging videos — the Reno Gazette Journal app delivers the local news that matters most to your community.
• Access all of our in-depth journalism, including things to do around town, sports coverage from high school to the pros, and much more.
• Enjoy a streamlined, fast-loading experience that makes it easy to view the stories, photos, and videos that matter to you.
• Get breaking news, sports scores, and weather alerts with real-time notifications tailored to your interests.
• Customize your experience by saving your favorite stories, adjusting text size, using night mode, or reading offline.
• Terms of Service: http://cm.rgj.com/terms/
• Questions or Comments: email@example.com
• Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable. See "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
• We’ve made starting and maintaining your subscription even easier.
• We’ve added more personalized content recommendations.
Ratings and Reviews
A Newspaper That Still Investigates
In days past, local newspapers could be counted on to be truly connected to their communities. They held sway. They held those in power accountable. They served a greater good. As news organizations have been gobbled up by a corporate super structure that diminishes or eliminates local coverage, it is more than refreshing that despite its national corporate ownership, the RGJ rigorously reports on local issues. Even more stunning is that the RGJ continues to support true investigative reporting, especially where government and government actions are concerned. I live in Phoenix, AZ. Our newspaper is owned by the same company and there is rarely any substantive and investigative reporting related to state and local government. I appreciate the work of the RGJ and am a paid subscriber to their work.
Used to be the app showed the actual paper on the left side of the screen and when you clicked on the article, it would pop up on the right side of the screen where you could read it. Also, it was very easy to select “Editions” and go back and read previous versions of the newspaper. No more. After an update, it now looks like a Website search result: Pictures, headlines, videos. What is on the front page of the Reno Gazette Journal? I have no idea as the powers-that-be have decided national Top Stories should be listed first (RGJ typically has local stories on the front page but this app now shows national headlines). Further down I did identify some stories that were in the RGJ but these were yesterday’s articles, not today (there were no dates either in the head lines or in the article itself but I read a hard copy the day before so I knew it was old news). Want to call up an article from Friday’s paper? Good luck. With the previous version, you just clicked on Editions and selected the paper you want. Now, there is no option for selecting yesterday’s paper, or the day before, etc. Probably going to cancel RGJ subscription as I don’t want to spend an hour each day sifting through all the stuff they have listed - I just want to read what is in today’s paper but that doesn’t appear to be possible with the “new and improved” app.
Connection to our community
It’s easy to stay connected to our local community while also getting updates about our country.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 189.7 MB
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2022 Gannett Co., Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Reno Gazette Journal Digital Subscription $9.99
- Reno Gazette Journal Annual Digital Subscription $69.99