Rheem today released a new EcoNet® App 2.0 with a complete redesign and a number of functionality improvements. The updated interface prioritizes the monitoring, control and protection aspects of Rheem smart connected products.
Specific product enhancements:
* Gas Water Heaters: new scheduling capability
New features include:
* Simpler account and WiFi set up process
* Text or email option password and account verification
* Multi-account authorization for multiple people to access product controls
* Geo-location assignment for future fencing applications, such as automated away settings coming soon
* Easier to understand performance and service alerts
* More modern design harmonized with the look of the Smart Thermostat
* Superior Usage Reports
* Compare month-to-month, year-to-year
* Downloadable reports for easy bill comparison
* Faster set up and integration with Google Assistant and Alexa
* In-App Rate This App
* In-app tips, Energy Saving Kudos and Partner opportunity promotions
Updated Contractor tools:
* Contractor Connection portal
* Stores contractors contact information on a preferred Vendor screen
* New Diagnostic Screen (onsite troubleshooting assistant)
* More options for one-button service requests (email, call or 1-800 manufacturing line)
EcoNet is developed as a service, and receives new features on a regular basis.
- Now you can sign in to the EcoNet app quickly and easily using Touch ID or Face ID on supported devices
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
No point to app
Well, finally got into the app after selecting the Rheem WiFi (not in the instructions). Made account saved the password but my account is not recognized. Reached out to support. Hahaha... there is no support ... not in the app or on the Rheem site, unless you are an installer.
- So I won’t be able to connect to Alexa until password is changed. -
The app is useless really. It shows the temp but nothing else works. my system alarmed twice and I was not notified, I happened to hear it beeping in the basement. I was hoping for a schedule for mornings and nights for higher use if needed. So far I have it 128 and my Master shower is like warm. There is an away schedule but this is my main residence so that will rarely be used.
The app and the water heater display do not match up. There are no sensor displays on the app of the working conditions or switches to adjust- only displays like kilowatt usage.
Developer Response ,
Hi, We apologize for the inconvenience and we would like to opportunity to assist you. Please call our dedicated EcoNet Support Team at 800.255.2388 between the hours of 8 AM and 8 PM EST and one of our analyst will be happy to help you.
Great Equipment, App works great
Purchased the pro hybrid water heater knowing the app would be a curiosity more than useful. I was wrong. After the initial setup, I forgot about the loaded app and never looked at it. Until we had some long term guests move into our home. Hot water availability faltered during the first week and in looking to find the best setting for our new situation, I discovered the scheduling and reporting functions.
I now set the water heater to a high demand mode in the morning and high laundry times and then reduce to high efficiency mode the rest of the day. I also increase the temp during high use times and then decrease in high efficiency mode to reduce scalding chances for the children in the home.
All of this is done a couple times a day and all done automatically and flawlessly. I read the other reviews and decided to post because I have not had a single bad experience with the app. The equipment will pay for itself in 3 years and the app has exceeded my expectations.
Doesn’t support all functions
Their Hybrid Water heaters have a great number of sensors and controls on the panel but this app only supports about 3 of them. It is bare bones. They do not share their API and have just recently cut back the API commands they support so integration with any home automation systems or IoT is out. Very disappointing for those of us in the $94B smart home & home automation market.
RESPONSE TO DEVELOPER RESPONSE: your canned response is about as helpful as you app. I have contacted Econet by email and phone, and your product manager’s response is that the app doesn’t and won’t do the things everyone here is screaming for. Your company is not committed to the “Smart Internet of Things” world. Your choice to market this great water heater as Smart and then not committing to everything that means to the consumers of that market is damaging your sales and corporate reputation. You need to fix this issue and get you corporate management to understand the Smart world and learn that once you sell it that way you are committed to an entire ecosystem. If they don’t their company will end up on the trash heap of antiquated manufacturing companies.
Developer Response ,
We apologize for the inconvenience and we would like to opportunity to assist you with any questions or concerns you have about the application. Please call our dedicated EcoNet Support Team at 800.255.2388 between the hours of 8 AM and 8 PM EST and one of our analyst will be happy to help you.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.