See music from a new perspective with Rhythm Necklace, the playful yet powerful tool for improvisation and composition. Tap, flip and rotate simple shapes to explore complex polyrhythms. Gestural control of beat distribution algorithms allows for the step-by-step generation of rhythmic shapes. Layer intricate beats in a matter of minutes, then save them for later or export to MIDI.
- Build rhythms on up to four necklaces.
- Adjust the length of each individual cycle to quickly create complex rhythmic ratios
- Use a collection of rhythm building algorithms and geometric transformations to create and morph your rhythm.
-Tap your tempo, use a slider for transitions, or manually type the global speed of your song
- Choose from a variety of pitched sounds and percussive sample sets.
- Quickly modulate between notes in four musical modes (pentatonic, major, minor, chromatic) and five octaves.
- Customize the attack and panning of sounds to suit your composition
- Save your sessions and export them as midi.
- E-mail copies of midi sessions to yourself. These can be opened and edited on most DAWs.
- Midi in/out allows you to fully customize your sounds and record your compositions in real time within an external DAW environment.
The term ‘rhythm necklace’ is used in music to refer to circular representations of repeating patterns. By thinking about rhythms as shapes rather than a linear timeline, it’s easier to see geometric properties that make them enjoyable, such as evenness and symmetry. Often, even subtle changes to the visual interface can completely transform how a rhythm sounds. Rhythm Necklace is a tool for both advanced and novice musicians alike, as well as anyone who wants to think about rhythms in a new way.
- iPad screen bug fixed
- Available in English, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, French, German, Italian and Spanish
- Configure 'Run in Background' mode
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Elegant and intuitive
Rhythm Necklace is a wonderfully elegant and intuitive music making tool. You do not need to be a "Musician" to make beautiful and interesting music with it, and in this way it encourages us all to partake in the joy of making music from the shapes and patterns that live all around us. It also teaches us important basics of how music works, but without "instruction"-- purely through play and experimentation. Great for all people.
I love this app. It is fun and easy to use. I find it so useful for coming up with seeds for future song development. I don't often have large blocks of time to dedicate to making music and this makes it so easy to grab those brief moments I do have and make the most of them. I use it with its own sounds. I also use it for its midi capabilities. It has inspired.
Awesome way to experiment
This app is great. I like figuring out the rhythms on paper and then trying them out with the app. It's good how it can adjust tempo for each cycle if they have different amount of beats. It would also be interesting to keep all cycles the same tempo so that they get off track with each other.
- Sam Tarakajian
- 48.6 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Sam Tarakajian and Meara O'Reilly
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.