RICOH Smart Device Connector lets you quickly access a RICOH multifunction printer (MFP) or projector by registering it with a smart device via Bluetooth Low Energy, a QR code, or the IP address or hostname of an MFP.
- Print or project documents and images stored on a smart device or on Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive.
- Print emails, file attachments, and webpages.
- Print from print server.
- Scan to a smart device or to Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive.
- Project documents and images on a smart device or in Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, or Microsoft OneDrive. to a RICOH projector and the RICOH Interactive Whiteboard.*
- Project emails, file attachments, and webpages.
- Save documents that have been annotated on the RICOH Interactive Whiteboard.
- Added support for Apple TV to project the movie file.
- Conduct user authentication by using a smart device.
- Automatically search for available machines on the same network.**
- Print Microsoft Office documents. ***
Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Catalan, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), Czech, Denmark, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese
*RICOH Interactive White Board D6500/D5510 requires firmware v1.7 or later.
**Except for the RICOH Interactive Whiteboard.
***Layout might change.
- Support for iOS 13.
Ratings and Reviews
RICOH Print&Scan was better
I downloaded this app because print and scan said it was no longer supported and suggested I do so.
Right off the bat I am not happy with this new app. To print a word document this app requires that I install the 250MB word app. I don't have storage to waste on that. Print&Scan will just print the document, no extra app needed. Bring that feature into this app and maybe we can be friends again.
The single "5 star" review also appears to have been paid for. It does not read like an actual user, rather someone from a marketing department.
Cannot print from mobile device
This has added more frustration to my life than printing from a phone should. I cannot print directly from a web page, from the app inputting a webpage or pdf. What the hell is the point of this app, I have to literally send everything I have ready to print to a computer in an office where the computers are typically occupied. I can’t print outside of the app or through the app, so why is it even here?
Now we have this expensive printer that was supposed to make life easier, only to cause the opposite and losing out on productivity. Our terrible 5+ year old hp and epson printers at least had that much going for them, you could actually print to them from a mobile device without wanting to take a bat to them! In fact, I recall it took just a few minutes to connect to those; shorter than it took to write this review. I’m glad the time each week I normally spend printing at least tripled. Thanks.
Does not print web pages or .pdf
Photos and screenshots print fine, however .pdf of more than one page are condensed to a single page. There is no option to print a web page directly using the share button in safari, it must be converted to .pdf 1st. Overall this app is poorly integrated with iOS.
- RICOH COMPANY,LTD.
- 88.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 Ricoh Company, Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.