The Ride On Flex on demand bus gets you around in designated areas of Montgomery County.
Traveling within the bounds of the Rockville or Glenmont/Wheaton Ride On Flex zone? Lucky you! Flex is a convenient new option for you at an incredible value.
Download the Ride On Flex app to book your ride. No fixed stops or fixed schedules – the Flex comes when you book! Just enter your pickup and drop-off location within the zone, and you will be offered the next available time. Accept the booking and go to your pickup location—a corner near you.
New 11-passenger Flex buses are wheelchair accessible and have free WiFi. Standard Ride On fare policy applies. That means your ride costs no more than $2!
How does Ride On Flex work?
- Ride On Flex takes multiple passengers heading in the same direction and books them into a shared vehicle. Using the Ride On Flex app, input the address and we’ll match you with a vehicle going your way. Flex picks you up at a nearby corner and drops you off within a few streets of your requested destination. Our smart algorithms provide trip times that are comparable to other ride shares and much more convenient than other modes of travel.
How long will I wait?
- You'll always get an accurate estimate of your pick-up time before booking. You can also track your bus in real time in the app.
How many passengers will I share a vehicle with?
- The number of passengers varies. Our comfortable buses can accommodate up to 11 people. Up to 6 seats can be reserved with each booking.
Where can Flex take me?
- Anywhere in your zone! It might be a Metro station, shopping center, office, library, other public facility—or home. You tell us.
When is Flex available?
- Hours of service vary by zone. Check here for details.
What else do I need to know about Ride On Flex?
NO BOARDING WITHOUT A BOOKED RESERVATION.
The bus operator will ask for your name on boarding.
Pay as you board with a SmarTrip card or cash/passes/tokens.
You cannot add value to a SmarTrip card on Flex. Always have enough fare on your card or use cash/tokens/passes.
Boarding is at designated corners, not fixed stops (curb-to-curb service for persons with wheelchairs).
These Flex zones aren’t near me. When will it come to my neighborhood?
- Ride On Flex is a pilot program of the Montgomery County Department of Transportation. We’re eager to learn how our residents use this innovative on-demand transit option and hope to bring it to more areas of the county over time. Please be patient as we experiment, listen and learn.
The Ride On Flex app is guaranteed to change the way you think about traveling in the zones. We look forward to seeing you on the Flex. Just book and go!
Love our app? Please rate us! Questions or suggestions? Email us at RideOn.FlexCustomerService@montgomerycountymd.gov.
Ratings and Reviews
Great idea areas need to increase
If you guys are able to expand the reach of this system you would essentially kill Uber. Zones just need to expand, or you could directly offer rides to and from stations, thus eliminating the need to catch multiple busses, a straight shot shuttle would be simple, easy & would only slightly increase costs. I’d estimate 6$ instead of 2$, which is still cheaper than Uber. Imagine having a single shuttle that could take you from Wheaton Mall Station to Montgomery Mall station, it would be absolutely spectacular!
Rode Flex yesterday with no problems
I rode RideOn Flex for the first time yesterday with no problems. This app worked well. I set my pickup and drop off points and promptly saw the real-time bus location on map and accurate time estimate of when bus would arrive. It arrived on time. The ride was quick and the bus very comfortable. I’ll use it again
Amazing idea! Hope it lives up to it’s expectations.
I just downloaded the app and will use it soon. This is a super good innovative idea and hope it lives to it’s expectations.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Via Transportation, Inc.
- 168.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Via Transportation, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.