Ride - the ultimate eSK8 companion app. Stop using apps built for running!
- Ride automatically finds all photos you took during a ride, you don't have to do anything except take photos. Works with most camera apps that save to the camera roll on your iPhone.
- Tap anywhere on a route to see what speed you were travelling.
- Track your rides with Ride on iPhone or Apple Watch, completely independently. Rides automatically sync from your Apple Watch to your iPhone.
- See your current, average and top speed instantly during your ride.
- Track total elevation gain and loss to figure out the best routes.
- Ride for Apple Watch speedometer is always available during a ride, just start a ride and raise your wrist.
- View individual ride total distance, duration, top speed and more.
- See your overall Ride stats like total distance ridden combined.
- View your entire ride history on a beautiful map.
- Epic ride? Gorgeous smooth roads? Easily share a bespoke image of your route.
- Smart-saving discards rides you accidentally started.
- Real-time syncing of settings across the iOS and watchOS apps.
OPTIONALLY, connect to a Boosted Vehicle for an enhanced experience:
- Automatically start tracking a ride as soon as your vehicle starts moving, without even launching the app. (iOS only)
- Automatically end a ride when your vehicle disconnects.
- Monitor your current charge level and status.
- View and change your current vehicle mode from either iPhone or Apple Watch. (Your vehicle must be stationary to change mode!)
- Smart, configurable notifications for critical battery levels and when your vehicle is "sufficiently charged".
- IFTTT support allowing you to hook up WiFi sockets to IFTTT triggers when your vehicle is sufficiently charged etc (handy for people who live at the top of hills and can't charge their vehicle to 100%)
- Share your current vehicle stats in a bespoke snapshot.
More eSK8 boards are being considered for future versions.
Feeling generous and want to support future development of Ride? Find the optional in-app purchases to tip Kane Cheshire, the independent designer and developer who works on Ride.
Feature request or something not working quite right? Reach out on Twitter or Reddit and let me know.
- Adds serial number, firmware version, battery firmware version, model number etc to vehicle info.
- More overall Ride app stats: longest distance recorded in a single ride, longest duration recorded in a single ride, total locations recorded and most locations recorded in a single ride.
- Adds a way for you to export rides to JSON, and import again. You could use this to export from one device and import on another, until cross-device syncing is built. This also means you can "back up" your rides before trying out a beta of Ride or iOS, since you can't always downgrade.
- Improves odometer calculation, specifically for the Rev which was wildly incorrect. You might find that the value is slightly different or incorrect until you next connect your vehicle.
- Fixes an issue where the app could be killed in the background while a ride is paused, causing you to lose your in-progress ride.
- Fixed a few crashes with Realm, the underlying database that Ride currently uses.
- Fixes a bug where the ride snapshot when sharing a ride would look wrong if the device is in dark mode.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A great alternative, one complaint
This app is a great alternative to the boosted app. I love the mapping and ability for it to connect to the board and even change speed modes. Fantastic user interface in all.
My one complaint is that when I’m on the edge of the Bluetooth range (sitting outside after a ride) my phone gets spammed with fully charged and board disconnect notifications because of the Bluetooth constantly dropping and reconnecting.
I realize I could avoid this by just unplugging my board, but maybe only show the charged notification the first time the board hits 100% regardless of if it disconnects and reconnects right after. Same for the disconnect notification. I just don’t like it when I get spammed with the same notifications over and over again.
Best Boosted app
This app provides Strava-like tracking of your Boosted rides. The route accuracy is fantastic and I love seeing where I hit my top speed on every ride.
While the mapping features are great, the true wonderfulness of Ride is its battery features. Once paired with a board, the app instantly connects to the board any time the board is powered on. This provides a handy push notification to access Ride and begin recording. Additionally, each push notification provides the battery percentage. On top of this, the app provides a warning notification when the battery is reaching a critical level of depletion or sufficient level of charging. When viewing the map, a ring appears around your location letting you know how far you can ride on the current charge.
I never realized how much more I wanted out of Boosted’s official app until I used Ride. Ride is unbelievable.
My only complaint/wish is that the app supported multiple boards. Maybe it does, but I can’t get it to function at all with my v1 board. Nevertheless, Ride works flawlessly with my v2 board.
Replaced my Boosted App
Since upgrading to ios13 I could not get the Boosted App to work anymore (phone or iPad) and it continued to crash when syncing/connecting. Luckily I found this app and worked like a champ. It was fast connecting and works great with ios13. It works so well I had to provide a small tip to the creator since I needed an app to connect via Bluetooth to track my progress and range for my Boosted Rev Scooter. Highly recommend this app! Great to see someone seeing an issue with Boosted’s App and coming up with a better solution!
- Kane Cheshire
- 60.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Kane Cheshire
- In-App Purchases
- Tier 1 Tip $0.99
- Tip Tier 3 $4.99
- Tier 2 Tip $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.