The RLM-19BX calculator application is a extensive set of menus and enhancements builded over a modified simulation of the real HP-17BII and HP-19BII Business Consultant calculators by Hewlett Packard with more functions than the real one in a beautiful high definition interface.
The RLM-19BX works in the same way of the real calculator. But, more functionalities were added, some were modified and others deleted in order to offer a calculator with the best user experience in the modern iOS devices.
Scientific & Math functionality:
- Angles & Polar: Angular conversions units ‘from’ or ’to' Deg, Rad, Grad, degree-minute-second and % slope.
- Complete set of common scientific functions (Trig., Hyp, Log, etc.)
- Complex Math: Operations and functions with complex numbers stack.
- Curve Fitting: six regression models to fit a curve over a two selected data- lists.
- One and two variables statistics.
- Probability Distributions: Normal, t-Student, Exponential & Weibull distributions.
- Triangle solution for ASA, SAS, SSA & SSS data.
- Fundamental Universal Constants fron NIST-CODATA.
- Units Conversion: Adds a powerful and completely customizable physical units conversion.
- Units Editor: Add, delete, edit and order the units and categories.
Financial & Business functionality:
- Black-Scholes OVM: Calculates “Call” & “Put” options prices of European Options.
- Bonds Price & Yield: with Annual or Semiannual coupons and Actual or 30/360 calendars.
- Cash Flows Calculations: Calculates NPV,i%,IRR%,NFV,MIRR, NUS, etc. over cash flows series.
- Cash Flows Editor: Create, Edit, Save & Load cash flows series.
- Currency Exchange: All world currencies with actual online rates from google finance.
- Depreciation with DB, SOYD or SL methods.
- Interest conversion with effective rate comparison for up to three nominal rates.
- Margins & Break-Even: calculate business margins and production break-even over all variables.
- Percent Change and Percent Total.
- TVM calculations: “Time Value of Money” problems for loans, amortizations, mortgages, etc.
- Tip & Bill Split: Calculates tips over a bill and split the total amount over participants.
Other General functionality:
- Data-List Editor to create, edit, save & load data values for CFLO and SUM calculations.
- Date & Time: Perform calculations over date and time variables.
- Equation Solver for any variable given the others.
- Memory Content: View All with Backup & Restore through text emails.
- Settings: Customize many settings, including formats, sounds, interface, etc.
- Help Documents: A complete set of short documents with examples of all menus.
System requirements: iOS 12.0 or above.
Disclaimer: THIS IS NOT A HEWLETT PACKARD CALCULATOR, AND IS NOT SPONSORED IN ANYWAY BY HEWLETT PACKARD OR ANY OF ITS SUBSIDIARIES.
- New Haptic feedback setting added.
- All reported bugs fixed.
- iOS 12 and above
Ratings and Reviews
Great Calculator Needs Compatibility Upgrade
Let me start by saying that this program is very well designed, and in many ways superior to what was a great, under appreciated calculator. It comes with many added features like, for instance, A Black-Scholes calculator, an expanded conversions calculator, the ability to upload real time currency conversions with a touch of a button, using google finance as the source data. However, the App is not fully compatible with iOS 10 and either losses some functionality or gives false results for some of the functions, thankfully not the ones you will probably, predominantly use. The iCloud backup feature does not work in iOS 10 and some of the conversions are incorrect. The combination and permutation functions within the solver also do not function correctly. The developers say they are working on an upgrade but don't know when it will become available. Until then, if you can overlook the compatibility limitations, this is a great calculator.
OK but cannot save equations
I have the 17Bii Plus app and cannot save the equations, so I thought I'd try this one... Nope, same problem. I'm using a 5th generation iTouch. RLM said they were working on the problem some time ago, but have not responded to any emails since hence this review. Hopefully they will correct this problem or at least allow us to use the email back up method we once had that worked wonderfully.
This is a great app, but we really need the saving equations functionally for a backup. Once this deficiency is correctly I'll rate this app the 5 stars it deserves.
Update is a huge improvement
I wrote back in October about the flaws in the last update. With the exception of the back up and restore, the app is vastly I’m proved. I use the sum function daily and they have fixed it. So thrilled.
Buy this app. It’s great
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.