Control your web browsing experience with Roadblock, a powerful and lightweight content blocker for Safari. Roadblock blocks unwanted web content, protects your privacy and security, improves webpage load time, and reduces browsing data usage.
Roadblock is available for Mac, iPhone, and iPad. Profiles and settings sync seamlessly across all devices.
*** Please note that you can only enable the settings in the "Ads and Trackers" section. A one-time in-app purchase is required to enable other settings or use iCloud Sync. ***
• Comprehensive and optimized built-in rules to block different types of ads, pop-ups, trackers, social widgets, and privacy banners
• Settings to block images, videos, scripts, and more
• Block or allow web resources and websites
• Hide webpage elements
• Strip cookies from web requests
• Force the loading of websites and web resources over a secure connection (https)
• Specify URL filters using a simple and an intuitive format or using regular expressions
• View and manage all custom rules generated by Roadblock’s visual tool
• Search, copy and paste, import, export, and share custom rules
• Create and manage multiple profiles with different settings
• Activate profiles on demand
• Use different profiles on different devices
• Import, export, and duplicate profiles
• Share profiles with family and friends
Safari Toolbar Extension
• Block and hide content visually
• Change the active profile
• Turn blocking on or off
• View the count of blocked web resources
Safari Blocker Extension
• Blocks content with minimal overhead and high performance
• Doesn't have access to your browsing activities and can't send any information about what was blocked back to the app
• Keeps profiles and settings up-to-date across all your devices (Mac, iPhone, and iPad)
• Lets you access your profiles and settings from any device
Please note that the Safari toolbar extension and iCloud sync are off by default and enabling them is optional. The dark appearance is available on macOS Mojave (10.14) or above when the appearance is dark.
• macOS 12 support
• New preference to enable additional rules to block and hide ads in several languages (macOS 11.5)
• Safari toolbar extension blocks ads on a website that bypasses the built-in rules
• Safari toolbar extension has a new icon
• User interface, performance, and sync improvements
• Built-in rules updates and improvements
• Bug fixes
Please note that Roadblock is now free with an in-app purchase to unlock all features. If you downloaded the app when it was not free then all features will be unlocked automatically. Thank you for your support.
Please open the app after updating it so the updated rules can be reloaded in Safari. It is recommended to have Safari closed when you open the app for the first time after updating it.
Ratings and Reviews
Great blocker, great support
Roadblock is a solid, lightweight content blocker. Right out of the box it did a great job of blocking what I wanted, without having to spend a lot of time messing around with configuration.
Even better was the support, which far exceeded my expectations: I had a question about a custom rule and emailed a question on a Saturday afternoon. Within an hour, I got a very helpful, detailed response.
I'm using Roadblock on all of my Macs now and would definitely recommend it to anyone.
Solid, simple and sophisticated with great support
I purchased this ad blocker extension and it promptly failed, however, I emailed the developer who responded within the hour (on a SUNDAY), and provided a solid solution.
Turns out that my Home directory is on a separate disk, and there's a known problem with Mojave that causes the issue. A simple uncheck/recheck of the Blocking in Safari preferences, and I was good to go.
The nicest thing about this app is separate blocking "profiles" with the ability to sync profiles via the iCloud. Also very nice is the ability to stop Style Sheets, and it immediately made my own simple CSS work perfectly. The granularity of control and simple, elegant interface, along with the excellent tech support makes this a very worthwhile purchase.
Nice work, folks.
It did not work for me.
I’m not trying to write a bad review because other reviews have had good results and this is not the first time a web blocker has not worked for me. I have another web blocker that keeps me from using certain websites, and I went had my roommates use the password for it and I went in to add more websites to block, but that software would not block them. So I purchased the Roadblock app hoping that it would work, but unfortunately as I entered in the websites to block, I am still able to open them. I am wondering if this is more of an issue with my laptop or if it is the app.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review. To block websites, use the "Block Websites" custom rule. Add websites to the custom rule to have them blocked. When you have a website like www.example.com, add example.com and check "Include Subdomains" so the rule will block example.com, www.example.com, images.example.com, and so on. If you are still unable to block websites then contact us from the Main Menu > About Roadblock > Contact to help you resolve the issue.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Obied Corner
- 12.7 MB
- Requires macOS 10.14 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Obied Corner
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock All Features $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.