App includes 1 region you choose from 7 oddity-rich US/Canada regions. Purchase more ($1.99/region) or all remaining regions ($6.99). The roadside attraction gurus at Roadside America have spent decades exploring the weird wonders of America’s highways. The Roadside America app puts that expertise at your fingertips for your own adventures. Fun reports, maps and photos guide you to the less traveled places just waiting off the next exit.
App includes your choice of one permanent U.S./Canada region (see region states list below*). Optional in-app purchases require sign-up for a Roadside America account to unlock more or all regions ("All Access").
- People Magazine Travel Awards 2019: "This will lead you to the best kitsch in the country."
- The Today Show: "Road Trip Must Haves"
- Travel + Leisure: "Great Road-Trip App"
- Real Simple: Recommended Road Trip "Escape App"
- Conde Nast Traveler: "Best Travel Apps for Kids"
DISCOVER UNUSUAL AND FUNNY PLACES ALONG THE HIGHWAY
- "World’s Largest" and smallest sights
- Strange museums, graves, statues, Muffler Men
- Bizarre architecture, obscure history
- Route 66 sights, tourist traps, odd theme parks
- Mystery spots, gravity hills, caves, unnatural wonders
SEE WHAT'S UP THE ROAD
- Check map or list for nearby oddities, or drop a pin to reveal what's ahead.
- Add a Start and End city to reveal a string of possibilities along the route.
- Search by attraction name, address, or browse by city.
- Explore 70+ themes: Atomic, Music, Celebrities, Tech, Zombie Army, more!
PLAN A TRIP -- OR JUST LAUGH
- Read amusing field reports by the authors of Roadside America, and useful eyewitness tips by travelers.
- View photos, maps and directions, addresses, hours. Call attractions.
- Help investigate "research" attraction targets we think have potential!
- Filter Editors' Ratings to focus on the must-sees in your vicinity.
USE ROAD TRIP TOOLS
- Send an attraction location to Maps or other popular routing apps
- Export/Import your Saves and Been Theres to a 2nd device
- Submit Tips on oddball and unique discoveries to our editors for possible inclusion.
FAQ AND CONTACT INFO
For region activation issues, please contact us in the app: More, Feedback or via the website
Extensive FAQs (including how to Restore regions for a new/reset device):
* REGIONS: HOW TO COMPLETE YOUR IN-APP PURCHASE(S)
When first launching app, select your one permanent region (see included states, below). Then, you can make optional in-app purchases to permanently unlock more regions, or All Access unlocks all remaining regions. Sign up for a Roadside America user account for region purchases and region access recovery (Restore) on new/reset or 2nd devices.
- NORTHEAST: Delaware, DC, Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia
- SOUTHEAST: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee
- MIDWEST: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, Wisconsin
- SOUTHWEST: Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah
- NORTHWEST: Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Washington, Wyoming
- CALIFORNIA: California, Alaska, Hawaii
- CANADA: Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Ontario, PEI, Québec, Saskatchewan, Yukon
- "On Route" tab - See attractions between a Start and End location. Adjust range from route
- Deep map pin tap bug fixed
- Password reset with email address or username
- Website Links to Latest Tips, Sight of the Week, Blog
Ratings and Reviews
Worth it, even if only enjoyed from my armchair
I had a little trouble figuring out how access the app at first and can understand why some frustrated users gave it less than a 5-star rating. THEN I read the FAQs and more of the directions and found the app works just as advertised. Gee, imagine that. I am now traveling the entire country from my armchair, delighted with the many quirky sights, roadside parks, museums & oddities. If I never leave home again the reasonable cost was worth it to me (and I have limited resources). From now on, every future trip will start with a review of potential places and sights to see along the way (or even out of the way). Thanks Roadside America.
I loooove this app
Help find interesting things to do when just entering a town and have time to waste. Also to find historical spots that you would never think to search for. Plus weird and cool things too. My kids always calls this my adventure I take them on. Especially now that they are getting their drivers licenses and needs hours behind the wheel. I look for something and not tell them then once we get to the spot they will say, “really mom?” Or “wow, now this is cool!”. We have tons of fun with this app.
Purchased the app once I received email to confirm wouldn’t allow access states I had to register. Tried to register again,said account was already active. Had to delete app and start over. Once I finally was able to access app tried to unlock all. Will not allow me to tells me I have to purchase the unlocked version which I have. Still will not allow me to access everything. Waste of money and time.
Developer Response ,
You can restore access via More > All Access by tapping the red Restore button and logging in. Please contact us via More > Feedback if still encountering a region access issue, and we can provide support and more detailed troubleshooting instructions.
- This Exit LLC
- 9.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2009-2019 This Exit LLC
- In-App Purchases
- US Access (v1.0-1.3) $5.99
- US - California $1.99
- US - Northwest $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.