Roadside America 9+
Guide to offbeat attractions
This Exit LLC
- Offers In-App Purchases
Never miss a giant twine ball, quirky statue or odd museum. App includes 1 of 7 U.S./Canada regions. In-app purchases unlock all remaining for $6.99 more or $1.99/each.
App includes 1 region you choose from 7 oddity-rich U.S./Canada regions. Purchase more ($1.99/region) or all remaining regions ($6.99 more). The roadside attraction gurus at Roadside America have spent decades exploring the weird, amusing wonders on America’s highways. The app puts that expertise at your fingertips for your own adventures. Roadside America's fun stories, unique photos, and tipster reports guide you to less traveled places just off the next exit.
App includes your choice of one permanent U.S./Canada region (see region states list below*). Optional in-app purchases require sign-up for a Roadside America account to unlock more or all regions ("All Access").
• Car & Driver: "All the Route 66–type classics, from neon signs to 25-foot-tall muffler men." • Popular Science: “This Holy Grail of road-trip apps has all the features you could want from a directory of the country’s quirkiest and most eclectic attractions.” • Thrillist: "An absolute must for fans of animatronic roadside dinosaurs and kitschy rest stops."
DISCOVER UNUSUAL AND FUNNY PLACES ALONG THE HIGHWAY
- "World’s Largest" and smallest sights
- Strange museums, graves, statues, Muffler Men
- Bizarre architecture, obscure history
- Route 66 sights, tourist traps, odd theme parks
- Mystery spots, gravity hills, caves, unnatural wonders
SEE WHAT'S UP THE ROAD
- Check map for nearby oddities, drop a pin revealing what's ahead.
- Add Start and End city to reveal a string of possibilities along the route.
- Search by attraction name, address, or browse by city.
- Explore 70+ themes: Atomic, Music, Celebrities, Tech, Crime, more!
PLAN A TRIP - OR JUST LAUGH
- Read amusing stories by Roadside America authors, and useful eyewitness tips by travelers.
- View photos, maps and directions, addresses, hours. Call attractions.
- Help investigate "research" attraction targets we think have potential!
- Filter Editors' Ratings to focus on must-sees in your vicinity.
USE ROAD TRIP TOOLS
- Send attraction location to Maps or other popular routing apps
- Mark Saves and Been Theres to view on a list/map. Or filter-hide to only see the unexplored!
- Export/Import your Saves and Been Theres to a 2nd device
- Submit Tips and your photos on oddball and unique discoveries to our editors for possible inclusion.
FAQs (inc. how to Restore regions for new/reset device):
For region activation issues, please contact us via app: More, Feedback or the website
* REGIONS: HOW TO COMPLETE YOUR IN-APP PURCHASE(S)
When first launching app, select your one permanent region (see included states, below). You can later make in-app purchases to permanently unlock more regions. All Access unlocks all remaining regions. Register a Roadside America user account for purchased region access recovery (Restore) on new/reset/2nd devices.
- NORTHEAST: Delaware, DC, Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia
- SOUTHEAST: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee
- MIDWEST: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, Wisconsin
- SOUTHWEST: Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah
- NORTHWEST: Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Washington, Wyoming
- CALIFORNIA: California, Alaska, Hawaii
- CANADA: Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Ontario, PEI, Québec, Saskatchewan, Yukon
Family Share works for basic app; additional region access requires separate accounts and in-app purchases by each user.
- Bug fixes and improvements
- Account deletion option added
Ratings and Reviews
Most fun app on my phone!
If you love driving around and randomly stopping to see some odd monument to something long forgotten or museum full of things you never dreamed you’d care about, this is the app for you! Remember the great molasses flood of Boston? Ever seen 2 thousand arrowheads in one place? My partner and I are crazy for the hilariously written factoids and have gone on little adventures trying to find some of the destinations on this map. I used to try and find these things on my own, but it’s so much easier and fun with this little tool. I bought their book in the 90’s and I’m so excited that technology has managed to find its way to put that big book in my pocket. If you are on your way to Niagara Falls, why not stop at the Jello Museum? Headed to Harrisburg? Stop in at Mr. Ed’s Elephant museum. It’s obviously great for children, but I don’t have any and it’s my favorite thing to do when I have time off! There’s a small fee to unlock all the USA, but it’s totally worth it if you travel. Last weekend I learned all about Lizzie Borden and saw her spooky grave. I never would have done that if it weren’t for these kooky authors and their fabulous app! Thanks for the weird memories!
Worth it, even if only enjoyed from my armchair
I had a little trouble figuring out how access the app at first and can understand why some frustrated users gave it less than a 5-star rating. THEN I read the FAQs and more of the directions and found the app works just as advertised. Gee, imagine that. I am now traveling the entire country from my armchair, delighted with the many quirky sights, roadside parks, museums & oddities. If I never leave home again the reasonable cost was worth it to me (and I have limited resources). From now on, every future trip will start with a review of potential places and sights to see along the way (or even out of the way). Thanks Roadside America.
This app has made my life better
I have used this app for years, i was just singing its praises to a friend and stated “the quality of my life is better because of roadside America.” It crossed my mind that posting a review is probably in order because I’ve had such a wonderful experience with it so far. It makes trips more fun and you discover so many hidden gems that you wouldn’t know about otherwise. I recommend it to anyone moving to a new area or those would love to road trip around. Pay the full price to open up all of the US, it’s worth it, you never know where your going to end up.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- This Exit LLC
- 8.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.3 or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2009-2022 This Exit LLC
- In-App Purchases
- All Access $6.99
- US Access (v1.0-1.3) $5.99
- US - Southeast $1.99
- US - Southwest $1.99
- US - Midwest $1.99
- US - Northeast $1.99
- US - Northwest $1.99
- US - California $1.99
- Canada $1.99