Road trip-ready, driving details! Funny Presidential history trivia, landmarks: museums, birthplaces, graves, unusual statues, tourist attractions. Photos, maps, routes.
RoadsideAmerica.com's offbeat experts uncover obscure Presidential sights and must-see shrines, museums, statues, and provide POTUS profiles and amusing trivia. They make it easy to find the pile of rocks shaped like Nixon's head, or the wax gallery of unelected presidents. For iPhone and iPad.
"This app from the quirky online travel guide Roadside America makes it easy to find over 1,300 POTUS-related attractions…" (Wall St. Journal)
Plan your own trail to the chiefs, with maps, directions, hours, phone numbers and helpful visitor tips:
- Birthplaces, graves, museums, libraries, monuments
- Waypoints to History: slept-here, ate-here, dropped dead-here locations
- Tourist attractions and unique fan tributes
- Landmarks of First Ladies, VPs, peculiar siblings, White House pets, and presidential also-rans and wannabes
- Assassins, scandal and conspiracy sites - from Ford's Theatre to Teapot Dome
- Museums with that one special president artifact - a lock of precious hair, or a funeral wagon
Profiles - From George Washington to Joe Biden, read about triumphs and fumbles of each president, and how they aided or endangered your inalienable Right to Road Trips!
Arcana - Become a presidential know-it-all, armed with amusing trivia: Who had the biggest feet? Who drank poisoned milk and died? Did America really have a One Day President?
- Save favorites and a "Been There" list
- View nearby attractions on a map
- See what attractions are between two cities or addresses
- Snap photos or submit tips about presidential landmarks you've visited for our editors to consider adding
- Plot your next stop using Maps (or popular map apps)
Note: Presidential landmarks are more numerous in the East and Midwest, though every state has something‚ and the app continues to add new presidential places, with your help!
- iOS15 adjustments and layout optimizations, bug fixes
- Increased: On Route up to 700 mi; Saved: 600 places, Been There: 950 places
Ratings and Reviews
If you are a fan of visiting interpretive and commemorative presidential sites — the unusual, the mainstream, or the downright puzzling — this app is a must-have. I have used this app on every road trip and vacation for the last nine years. My favorite features are “Been There,” where you can keep track of all the attractions you’ve visited, and the GPS pinpoints that help you find the sites in the first place. The latter is especially helpful when searching for offbeat presidential places you’re unlikely to find on a regular map or brochure.
Great app? Or GREATEST app?
This "Roadside Presidents" app is SO GREAT! I just got it yesterday and it showed me so much POTUS-related stuff around Dallas/Ft Worth I didn't know about (including statues of Washington through Madison hidden in a Ft Worth Mausoleum I visited/posted yesterday). It's going to make traveling more fun than ever.
Easy to use. Very informative.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- This Exit LLC
- 11.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.3 or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2012-2021 This Exit LLC
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.