The ROAR Personal Safety app connects you with loved ones when you want someone to watch over you. It also pairs with Athena, ROAR’s safety wearable, which provides quick and discreet, one-button access to get you help when you need it most.
The ROAR Personal Safety app works in two ways:
1) As a stand alone app. Before you begin an activity, set a status to let your contacts know what you’re doing and where you are. When you have an active status, your contacts can ask you to check in with them. And, when you’re in an emergency situation - you can send out distress messages via the app.
2) With your Athena device. Pair your Athena safety wearable to our mobile app, designate your emergency contacts and you’re ready to use benefit from Athena’s one-button access. When activated, Athena will communicate with our app to send distress messages with your location to your contacts.
The ROAR app also features Stories for Good™ that you can browse to stay updated on the latest news related to gender equality and find resources if you or a loved one has been the victim of assault or harassment.
- Find My Athena feature helps locate device if it’s been misplaced. If the Athena is disconnected, the Athena Settings page will show the last known address, the time when it was last connected, and a link to show its last known location on a map. In order for this feature to work, your Athena must successfully connect with the updated app.
- Silent vibrations confirm when an alert has been successfully sent.
- Two-way chat enables emergency contacts to communicate quickly in moments of distress.
- Check-in requests will now buzz your Athena for 3 seconds to let you know a contact requested a check-in. You can respond to the check-in request by pressing Athena twice - no phone interaction required.
Ratings and Reviews
Very cool safety app for my kids and family
I love how it's really easy to alert my friends when i feel nervous getting home. I can't wait to get this installed on my kids iPhone
Unexpected elements but valuable nonetheless
I didn't know you needed to have an app to go with the device. You need to keep it running at all times so the connection isn't lost. I'm a little disappointed about that, it's not as simple as I thought. The app itself is well done though and having Athena adds a little bit more security to my life.
I have tried numerous times to send a message to my contacts to “watch out for me”. They NEVER get them, only the “Stop watching, I’m safe”. What the hell use is that? Very 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡
- Roar for Good LLC
- 108.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © ROAR for Good, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.