For use with the engineering kits “Robotics: Smart Machines”, “Robotics: Smart Machines - Rovers & Vehicles Edition”, and “Robotics: Smart Machines - Tracks & Treads Edition” by Thames & Kosmos.
This app is the “brain” of the robotic models you build with the Robotics: Smart Machines kits. The app uses the feedback from the models’ ultrasonic sensor together with programmed commands to control the models.
• Connect to your models via Bluetooth connection.
• Remote-control mode lets you directly control the models’ two motors forward and backward.
• Remote-control mode gives you a visual display of the object distance readings from the ultrasound sensor.
• Programming mode lets you script and save programs.
• Seven programs (Programs 1-7) are preloaded to work specifically with seven of the robot models in the “Robotics: Smart Machines” kit. Eight programs (Programs 9-16) are preloaded to work specifically with eight of the robot models in the “Robotics: Smart Machines - Rovers & Vehicles Edition” kit. Eight programs (Programs 17-24) are preloaded to work specifically with eight of the robot models in the “Robotics: Smart Machines - Tracks & Treads Edition” kit.
• A simple, visual programming language lets you program motors, sounds, and pauses.
• Different program segments can be set to run upon first run and then when the ultrasound sensor detects objects at different distances from the model.
• Use the 60-page or 64-page, step-by-step illustrated manual included in either kit to learn how to use all of the programming features.
Suggestions, feature requests, or questions?
We look forward to your feedback!
Mail to: email@example.com
Updates and news on www.thamesandkosmos.com
Added additional programs for the Robotics: Smart Machines – Tracks & Treads Edition
Ratings and Reviews
Hello, I bought this item for my child, and the building part was great, it was a blast for me and him. (Hence the 2 stars) But then my son wanted to make the beetle move. Well... your app is a great idea yet it is very hard to learn, it makes c++ look like html. If you want people to ever buy from you again, might I suggest adding a guide to help us understanding how this works. Right now the building was fun but the programming made me sick to my stomach.
Product/App Are Both Bad
We built the robot exactly right, following the instructions. We made sure to build it correctly, but the tracks aren’t the right size. We tried to switch the track from the sides, but then we realized that one is bigger than the other. The instructions say “Ax2” and “Bx2” and to connect them, and do it for the other side as well. We did exactly that, and yet one track is still quite a bit bigger than the other one.
Also, the app also isn’t quite user friendly. I would only buy this if you want to be disappointed and to waste your money.
We made sure to do everything correctly, but still, it won’t work. And we measured the tracks, and one of them is always one centimeter bigger. The motors also don’t have any strength, even with completely new batteries. We tried everything to get it to properly work, but it doesn’t work. The tracks are messed up, it could use a little more stability, and the app should be more user friendly. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT UNLESS YOU WANT TO WASTE YOUR MONEY AND BE DISAPPOINTED WITH THE RESULT!
App Doesn’t Work
Build the robot according to instructions and was eager to start programming, but the app doesn’t work. Bluetooth disconnects and the app becomes useless. Pretty cool building experience, but we bought the product for the programming activities in addition to the building exercises. Disappointed that we can’t program.
- Franckh-Kosmos Verlags GmbH & Co. KG
- 55.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Franckh-Kosmos Verlags-GmbH & Co. KG, Stuttgart, Germany and Thames & Kosmos LLC, Providence, RI USA
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.