Unleash your Roku device with Rocket Video Cast for Roku. With Rocket you can browse the web and stream any web video on your Roku attached TV.
The app works with all your latest Roku devices including Roku 4, Roku Express, Roku 4k Ultra, Roku Premier 4K, Roku Streaming Stick, Roku 3, Roku HD (2500) or Roku LT (2400+2450) Player!
[Roku 1 and 2 not supported]
Rocket is also a fully featured file manager that allows you to store files to your iOS device. You can then view the stored files right on your device offline or transfer them to your computer, and of course you can cast your stored videos to your big screen, just copy them into the app using iTunes File Sharing.
- Cast videos from all major streaming video sites
- Cast from major file sharing sites
- Full featured web browser
- Start screen with the most frequent visited history entry's
- Open saved tabs on startup
- Real-time search in your browsing history, bookmarks and tabs
- Search engine integration in the Address bar
- Share URL's via Twitter, Mail
- Search in the website
- Passcode protected
- FTP Server to transfer files in and out of the app
- FIle Manager to organize your files in folders etc.
- Playlists and background audio
- Address bar search engine options (Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo, StartPage can be changed App Settings > Search Engine)
- Multi format video/audio player allows you to play almost any video and audio format without leaving the app (wmv, mpeg, mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4, 3gp, sf, avi, divx, dv, gxf, m2p, m2ts, m2v, m4v, mkv, moov, mov, mp4, mpg, mpv, mt2s, mts, mxf, ogm, ogv, ps, qt, ts, vob, webm, wm, mp3, m4a, wma).
- Extract audio from mp4 files (convert to mp3)
- Cast your Rocket playlist for files in the app
..and lots lots more.
Supported format for Roku include mp4, m4v, m3u8, hls, and live streams are supported.
IMPORTANT NOTES, PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASING:
Flash video, iTunes purchased videos, Silverlight and other DRM protected videos like Amazon Instant Videos, HBO now, Hulu, Netflix are not supported!
This app is not affiliated with Roku or one of its products and produced independently.
- Support for iOS 12.2
Ratings and Reviews
Should be required for roku
This app works the way you want it to. I use it to stream live HD racing from both my phone and iPad. The picture on my TV is always as good as my friends with cable or satellite, sometimes it's even better. The app support is amazing. I had a couple of bugs at first and then again recently when I got a new phone, but the app support was fast in a response and it fixed the bugs. If you have a roku this is the app you want for casting.
Figured it out!
Finally figured out my difficulties were my own user error, but the steps are funky! Here are the steps: 1) Use this app’s browser to find and play video 2) When the circle shows in upper left corner, tap it 3) PAUSE the video 4) Select cast to Roku 5) Wait. The TV takes a few seconds to cast video. Remember, the video is still paused on your device.
Refunded — Can’t Handle popup ads
I’ve used the same site on other casting apps, and this one can’t handle it (or the other site I tried). The cast button blocks the X to close out of some ads, you can’t cancel redirects, or open popup/link-outs in a new window, it doesn’t prevent ads from locking out the browser, and if there is a video ad, it plays that instead of the actual video.
I’ve spent 45minutes trying to play a video that worked in Cast, and I can’t even close out the pop-up ads. To add insult to injury, an app that I paid for keeps showing the option to upgrade to "pro" instead.
- Omar Mody
- 76.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 17+ for the following:
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Gplex 2018
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Rocket Pro
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.