Get to know the must-have app for streamers
Use the free Roku® mobile app to:
• Control your Roku devices with a convenient remote
• Use your voice or keyboard to quickly search for entertainment
• Enjoy private listening with headphones
• Stream free movies, live TV, and more on the go with The Roku Channel
• Cast media files from your phone, like videos and photos, to your TV
• Add and launch channels on your Roku devices
• Enter text on your Roku device easier with your mobile keyboard
You must connect your phone or tablet to the same wireless network as your Roku device to use certain features of the mobile app. Some features require a compatible Roku device and may require logging into your Roku account.
• Voice search is available in English in the US, UK, and Canada. It’s also available in Spanish in Mexico and the US.
• The Roku Channel can be viewed in the mobile app in the US only.
• Some channels require payment, can change, and vary by country.
For more information and troubleshooting, go to http://support.roku.com and
- Enhanced PiP user experience.
- Updated Push Notification Management and Inbox.
- Fixed an error showing TV input icons.
- Fixed an error to close an empty Continue Watching row.
- Updated Account Creation form.
- Enhanced user experience for iOS-14 network access.
- Improved user experience with D-Pad in Swipe mode.
- Fixed a button visibility issue on the Device Naming page.
- Fixed a screen saver setting issue.
- Fixed a sign-in error.
- Updated translations.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best Handy App... Here’s why (Read All)
Honestly, I love this app because it’s greatly convenient!!! Probably one of THE MOST convenient and simple apps for free. Like another reviewer said instead of searching for the remote as long as you have your phone (which is most likely all the time) you’re good. As a wheelchair bound disabled person, some people in my home can leave the remote in places I can’t really reach so that’s were this app come in handy, and really in this household the remote generally has the tendency to disappear. So if you have a remote that has hidden legs and likes to go into hiding then the app is great. On a funny and more truthful note, I originally got the app because my sister and I weren’t getting along at the time and she knows every morning I use the tv. For some reason the next morning I couldn’t find the remote and had a gut feeling she hid it on purpose so that I had no choice but to talk and ask her where it was (in which she probably still wouldn’t have helped to be petty). To avoid needing her help, I downloaded the app and she looked confused and shocked like “😳”. I felt like victory with my phone remote 😎😂. I definitely take back what I said about people who used this app were being lazy but it comes in handy for more than not wanting to get up!!!
Why I love this app
I love this app because I don’t have to move when I wake up lookin for my control I just grab my phone and there is my control then I find it when I’m awake and I love not having to move out of my bed it’s like having your tv on your phone and don’t start me on that I can watch my. MY tv in my phone I just feel like my tv is in my pocket or in my purse at any time I need it and I feel important for having my tv in my pocket/purse. I just love the quality no hacking no lagging no need of standing up in the mornings anymore and I love how I just can do whatever in this app involving my tv and don’t start me on the tv the tv is the best quality ever EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER Athens best one EVER I don’t know what can be best than this it just needs to not stop being itself don’t change anything to that tv or ima return all the TVs I bought of you because their perfect just like they are that’s my review 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️rating ever EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER there that’s my best review.
Great app when it decides to work
I mainly use this for when I lose my physical remote or private listening when I want to watch TV, but not wake up housemates. It seems quite frequently it has stopped connecting to my TV saying that my TV may be in “eco mode” and asks me to “wake it up.” My TV is never in “eco mode” and I’m usually in the middle of a show when this happens. The only way I’ve figured out how to get it to recognize my TV again is to completely unplug my TV for about 20 seconds and plug it back in to completely reboot it. Then it usually works, but will often disconnect during the same watching session. It’s very random, too. Sometimes I can go a whole day without this problem. Sometimes I give up and just watch stuff from my phone because I can’t get it to private listen for more than 5 minutes. I have a strong WiFi connection and my bed where I try to private listen from isn’t far from my Roku TV. I don’t think I’ve ever reviewed an app before, but this needs to be fixed. I’ve looked at reviews from a year (and longer) ago complaining of the exact same issue. PLEASE GET THIS FIXED, roku developers!
- ROKU INC
- 121.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2011-2020 Roku, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.