Turn your mobile device into the ultimate streaming companion with the free Roku® mobile app.
Stream hundreds of hit movies, TV shows and more on the go with The Roku Channel, use it as a second remote, enjoy private listening, and more.
The free Roku mobile app makes it easy and fun to control your Roku player and Roku TV™.
Use the Roku mobile app to:
• Control your Roku device as another remote
• Stream hit movies, TV shows and more on the go with The Roku Channel
• Enjoy private listening* with headphones
• Use your voice or keyboard to search for movies, shows, actors, and directors
• Cast videos, photos, and music to your TV
• Add and launch channels on your Roku device
• Enter text on your Roku device easier with your keyboard
To use certain features of the Roku mobile app, you must connect your phone or tablet to the same wireless network as your Roku device. Certain features require a compatible Roku device, and may require logging in to your Roku account.
· Searching by voice is available in English in the US, UK, and Canada only.
· The Roku app is available in English only in Mexico.
* Mobile private listening is available for Roku Express, Express+, Roku Streaming Stick (3600, 3800, 3810), Roku Streaming Stick+, Roku Premiere, Roku Premiere+, Roku Ultra and Roku TVs.
** Subscription or other payment may be required to access certain channel content. Channel availability is subject to change and varies by country.
For more information and troubleshooting help, go to http://support.roku.com
Ratings and Reviews
A MUST HAVE
I have a few Ruko TVs in my house. Got tired of my toddler running off with the remotes and my other child stealing mine leaving me with no remote. I downloaded this app, and I am ready to upgrade my non smart TVs that I use Firestick’s with, and just use Roku. This Roku remote app is amazing. You can turn the tv up with the volume on your phone, you can adjust settings without interrupting the actual tv, as well as browsing on my phone to see what’s on tv, again without interrupting the actual tv. The coolest part I thought was that I was able to turn the sound off my tv and play the sound through my phone! Reminds me of being in the hospital, watching the tv and listening through the remote(my phone). It is an awesome feature. This apps speed and uninterrupted tv makes a huge difference in how I feel about Ruko TVs now. I thought I liked firestick, but I am an Apple person and firesticks remote almost never works when I need it to. This app for Ruko doesn’t ever let me down.
Very Convenient When you Misplace the Remote
I was very excited when I found out Roku made an app for the iPhone. My remote is often knocked over by the cats and lands under my wheelchair which makes it hard to find. Or when I misplace the remote which is why I wrote this review since I couldn’t find it and the rate screen popped up. Lol
I find it especially simple to use and though I only have one Roku still hooked up it always finds the right one. I’ve had my Roku for several years and was wondering if the app would work. The app works just fine on my iPhone 5. Plus it looks exactly like my remote the one without the channel buttons. If it is possible to change the skins I do not know I haven’t searched it out.
I read one reviewer mention it often can’t find their connection that has happened only once I just restarted the app and it was fine. This is one of my most useful and helpful apps I have on my phone!
Can’t prevent phone from auto lock?
One glaring omission from this app is that there is no option to prevent the screen from auto-locking. That seems like such an oversight of something so essential in a remote app. Imagine you have a physical remote that sleeps and may or may not reload when you want to use it. Behold Roku app. Turning off auto-lock for the entire device just to keep the remote open is really a bad and unsafe alternative. Unfortunately with all the great features this app provides (especially the swipe controls and keyboard) this app becomes completely useless because eventually you will find yourself taking the path of least resistance and just reach for the physical remote. Please please add an auto-lock prevention option. IOS has this capability and from experience it’s relatively minimal effort to implement this functionality. Also Roku doesn’t seem to have an email to suggest missing features, so I’m going to be pessimistic here and assume Roku probably won’t read this and this app will never get this option. I so hope I’m wrong because I really want to use this app 🖖.
- ROKU INC
- 133.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2011-2018 Roku, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.