Citizen's Eye is an app developed as part of the Public Outreach Programme (POP) of the River of Life (ROL) initiative.
Supported Languages: English (EN) and Bahasa Malaysia (BM).
The app allows the user to:
1) CAPTURE an image (eg of source of river pollution, or an instance of good river management practise, a best-practise example)
2) TAG a LOCATION to the image (the location must be within the boundary area of the ROL project - hint: use the Google Map Search feature to locate "Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia" for locations within the polygon boundary area.
3) CATEGORISE your submission with what you see or is concerned about.
Submit your image to the KLRiver.org website where further environmental discussions and engagements may occur.
- - -
MORE ABOUT THE RIVER OF LIFE (ROL) INITIATIVE
The River of Life (ROL) is a seven-year project headed by the Government of Malaysia under the Economic Transformation Programme (ETP) to transform the Klang River into a vibrant and liveable waterfront with high economic value. Covering eight (8) rivers with total length of 110km, this project is divided into three (3) major components i.e. River Cleaning (led by Department of Irrigation & Drainage (DID) Malaysia), River Beautification (led Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL)) and Commercialisation and Tourism (led Ministry of Federal Territory (KWP)).
Under the River Cleaning Component, a Public Outreach Programme (POP) was initiated to foster partnerships and improve attitudes and behaviours of target groups (i.e. general public, educational institutions, local community, food establishments, hawkers, wet markets and workshops, and industries, corporations and developers) to reduce pollution. The programme also promotes a sense of ownership towards the river and initiates long term and sustainable change in behaviours towards protecting the river. Phase 1 and 2 of the programme have been completed for the Upper Klang River catchment and Bunus River, and is now expanded to Phase 3A, 3B, 4 and 5, covering the entire River of Life boundary.
Project consultants include the Global Environment Centre (GEC), Asia Pacific Environmental Consultants Sdn Bhd (ASPEC), and ERE Consulting Group Sdn Bhd.
- - -
1. Added Analytics to the app.
2. Minor label description (text) updated.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.