Imagine limitless adventures with Role Classic, a group storytelling game for iOS!
Finally, a tabletop role playing game you can keep in your pocket. No more piles of dice, complex rule books, long turns, or pencils and paper. Role Classic is designed to give you everything you need, right on your iPhone. Setup is fast, learning is easy, and playing is simple. Gather your friends, become fantastic characters, and go on wild adventures. The only limit is your imagination.
With Role Classic take your adventures and characters to the next level with great features such as:
• Fast setup and gameplay. Role Classic turns tabletop storytelling into a party game! Play any time, anywhere.
• Simple, clear character creation. Choose from a variety of different heroes, or create your own!
• A wide library of unique adventure scenarios. Play a different story every time!
• Save your characters and return to them later to continue your adventures!
• Personalize your characters and adventures by uploading custom background art from your phone!
• Never get stuck mid-adventure. Tap the Role Button at any time for new, unexpected story ideas!
• Keep leveling up your characters to unlock new skills and play long running campaigns!
• Focus on the fun! Role Classic handles all the complex dice rolls and stat-tracking, so you don't have to.
Role Classic is the tabletop storytelling game that goes where you go. Whether it involves deep space, dragons, super heroes, zombies, or a herd of pugs, there's no story you can't tell!
Let's imagine together.
Minor fixes for iOS 14
Ratings and Reviews
Good idea, missing some stuff
The app itself is pretty cool. I think it’s original and well executed. Pros: character creation is simple and awesome for beginners, the roll system and leveling of character skills is fun and creative, it has a decent amount of pre made stories and concepts that are good storyline prompts. Cons: the character skill leveling is a little too simple in that you can level your character up really high way too fast (the game becomes easy for characters after just an hour or two). The main thing that I feel like is missing is some way to keep track of HP or items. I get that the developers wanted to keep things simple, but making it an option for games would have been awesome. My recommendation for developers would be to incorporate a simple HP tracker, maybe a “backpack” for a couple of supplies or weapons/armor, and slow down the leveling process so that it’s harder to level (or add other things that could be leveled, but that sounds complicated and the beauty of the app is its simplicity). Overall I say good job! I thought it was worth spending money on Role+, and my friends and I had fun playing it casually!
Great idea please add more
This game has great ideas and boundless potential I would love to see more characters to create and adventures made, I do love how you can make your own but I think more can be added. Also like another reviewer mentioned there should be moments in the game where the game master can make a big paragraph or sentence and players can make their own responses and have rolls for success. Also there should be a skill guide for helping players new and old, as well as a stats menu, hit points counter, and an inventory menu.
I think this app is very creative! It’s very cool about the character, design, and ways you can tell stories. But I have just one issue:
Me and my friend spent two hours trying to figure out how we could play together. And I mean go online and play as a character. Like say she was to make the game and I play her game online without physically being next to her. I think you can only play with other people ONLINE if you buy the full version with money. I have no idea if this is true though. But I’m really sad because of it. I think you should be able to play with a certain amount of people on the app, but depending on the amount of people should cost money. Like more then 5 people should cost money. That’s just one thing you should change.
If there is a way to play online with friends without money, please let me know! But if there is no way please make one. I think it’ll be better that way.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Role, Inc.
- 86.2 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2021 Role, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Role+ $3.99
- Sci-Fi Characters $0.99
- Fantasy Characters $0.99
- Fantasy Adventures $0.99
- Sci-Fi Adventures $0.99
- Super Hero Characters $0.99
- Super Hero Adventures $0.99
- Sci-Fi Pack $0.99
- Fantasy Pack $0.99
- Super Hero Pack $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.