Roll the Bones is now a completely free app. By completely free we also mean ad-free and no IAPs!
Roll the Bones is a dice rolling utility with a clean, minimalist design. It lets you choose the number of dice you want to roll, the number of sides on the dice, and a modifier to add or subtract from the total of your roll. Your dice can have anywhere from 2 sides (flipping a coin) to 999 sides (attacking a horde of orcs) and you can add favorite sets of dice for quick access later.
While we respect Plato and all of his solids, we roll in a Digital Realm: 3, 5, 9-sided dice? No problem. Playing that crazy awesome DCC RPG and need a 16-sider for your dice chain? We've got your back. Also, our d100 is guaranteed to NOT roll off the table..
Keep in mind that Roll the Bones is NOT A DICE GAME, but is instead a utility you can use to play games where you roll dice.
Here are some of the ways you can use Roll the Bones:
- Playing a board game where you need to roll dice.
- Flipping a coin to determine who gets the ball first at a sporting event.
- Playing dice games with friends.
- Your torch flickers and your sword starts glowing as you turn a corner in the Ghastly Tomb of Horribleness... The pale, soulless eyes of the Lich King freeze your blood as he rises from his Hideous Black Throne... ROLL A D20 AND PRAY FOR A CRITICAL HIT, YOU FOOL!
*** Roll the Bones for Apple Watch ***
Roll the Bones on your Apple Watch and enjoy the following features:
- Pick the number of dice you want to roll (up to six)
- Pick the number of sides on the dice (2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 20, or 100)
- Pick an optional modifier (-10 to +10)
- Add favorite sets of dice for quick access
- Roll some bones! It's like having a set of dice permanently attached to your wrist!
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- Added VoiceOver support to read dice total after a roll. Thanks for the idea Chris W!
Ratings and Reviews
Great Little Dice Roller
This is a great little dice roller program that does exactly what I want it to do. I am planning to play Dungeons and Dragons with the help of this app. I commend the developer for getting back to me so quickly regarding my suggestion for automatic reading of dice when using VoiceOver. Keep up the great work!
Works Great, Easy to Use, and VoiceOver Accessible!
If you want to flip a coin or roll some dice from your wrist, you’ll love this app. It’s easy to select the number of dice, the number of sides per dice, and to add or subtract up to 10 from the roll. Both the iPhone and Apple Watch app are totally accessible with VoiceOver, which is fantastic! What a well-done and fun app!
The developer, Joshua Larson, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Joshua Larson
- 2.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Joshua Larson