"If you're a fan of ROME: Total War, you're going to absolutely love it" - Pocket Gamer
Lead history’s most audacious military campaign as Alexander the Great and embark upon a conquest of the all-powerful Persian Empire. Alexander is the perfect game for seasoned commanders. For a gentler introduction to classical warfare, start with ROME: Total War.
THE ULTIMATE STRATEGIC CHALLENGE
If you have mastered ROME and Barbarian Invasion, Alexander awaits as the ultimate test of your skills.
DARING MARTIAL FEATS
Lead the Greek kingdom of Macedon through Central Asia to lay waste the Persian Empire.
Command over 50 units unique to the game, including Macedonian Companion Cavalry.
BUILT FOR iOS
Enjoy intuitive touch controls and a user interface designed for mobile gaming.
ENORMOUS 3D BATTLES
Turn your screen into a dynamic battlefield with thousands of units in action.
This game requires iOS 12 or later and just under 4GB of space to install.
• iPhone 5S
• iPhone 6/6 Plus
• iPhone 6S/6S Plus
• iPhone SE
• iPhone 7/7 Plus
• iPhone 8/8 Plus
• iPhone X
• iPhone XS/XS Max
• iPhone XR
• iPhone 11
• iPhone 11 Pro/11 Pro Max
• iPod Touch (6th Generation)
• iPod Touch (7th Generation)
• iPad mini 2
• iPad mini 3
• iPad mini 4
• iPad mini 5
• iPad Air
• iPad Air 2
• iPad Air 3
• iPad (5th Generation)
• iPad (6th Generation)
• iPad Pro (1st Generation: 9.7", 12.9")
• iPad Pro (2nd Generation: 10.5", 12.9")
• iPad Pro (3rd generation: 11", 12.9")
© 2002–2019 The Creative Assembly Limited. Originally developed by The Creative Assembly Limited. Originally published by SEGA. Creative Assembly, the Creative Assembly logo, Total War, Rome: Total War and the Total War logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of The Creative Assembly Limited. SEGA and the SEGA logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Corporation. Developed for and published on iOS by Feral Interactive Limited. iOS and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
• Adds support for the iPhone 5S and later (see description for full list of supported iPhones)
• Adds a range marker feature that shows the firing distance of missile units
• Adds a Very Easy difficulty setting for the Campaign mode
• Increased zoom-out level on Battle map
• Increased zoom-in level on Campaign map
• Improved Faction Summary screen provides at-a-glance information on your faction
• Improved Character Details screen exposes previously hidden stats and retinue effects
• Battle UI can be hidden, allowing greater control over unit paths and formations (tap with two fingers to hide/display UI)
• First Time Help system; help appears automatically whenever you access a new screen or attempt a new action (can be enabled/disabled via in-game options)
• Improved general help system; tap and hold on units and UI elements to see more information
• In-game manual for hints and tips on Campaign and Battle play
• Track your progress in Historical Battles; receive bronze, silver or gold ratings depending on what difficulty you completed the battle
• Adds an Auto-Merge Units option to merge depleted units in armies or fleets
• Device battery level now visible on the Campaign Map
• Adds colour-coded tooltips in Battle mode to easily see positive or negative unit condition
• Improved Battle status info; status info can be toggled to appear above each unit, and shows unit alignment (friendly/hostile), unit type, health, current orders, morale and ammo, along with their current path
• Adds tap-to-move controls with improved pathfinding for multi-turn journeys
• Adds Manual Camera Tilt mode - drag with two fingers to tilt the camera (can be enabled/disabled via in-game options)
• iPhone only: Card bar can be expanded to display larger unit and building cards (can be triggered manually or set to expand automatically via in-game options)
• iPhone only: Scrolling tooltip ticker; key information scrolls along the panel at the top of the screen
• iPhone only: Retinue lists; easily track which followers are attached to which characters
• Uses the Metal graphics API instead of OpenGL
• Fixes a number of minor issues
Ratings and Reviews
It’s weird seeing a game I loved so much back when on the PC in the App Store. I have Alexander and Barbarian invasion and they’re exactly what I remembered, large scale strategic combat at its finest. I must say though, if you’re an imperial campaign type, go for Rome or Barbarian. Absolutely love the games, what a perfect iPad app to have for long amounts of time like an airplane. 5 stars, you guys earned it. I must add one thing too, it would be nice if I could complete the set with Rome (have Barbarian Invasion and Alexander) at a discounted rate, as $17 is a lot to spend on 3 games when you don’t know if the game mechanics will translate well to an iphone or iPad and like myself, I imagine people want to test the waters so to speak before investing in the 3 game pack.
5 stars, fantastic, love the games and would love to see more from the total war set on the App Store.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your purchase of ROME: Total War - Alexander.
You should be able to complete the bundle at the lower price. If you are still having problems, please contact us directly via firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll investigate here.
One considerable flaw
For those of you who don’t know, this developer has created what may be the most profound representation of the Hellenistic era within the video game industry; the battle controls and campaign immersion are hard to beat and were impossible to compare to in it’s day when it was originally released. This game as well as it’s base program will always be one of the best strategy games ever in my opinion, but this expansion has one brutal and inexcusable flaw in that the campaign doesn’t include India or the Hindu Kush Mountains, the lands of myth and legends at the edge of Alexander’s known world, just past of which he and his armies would finally be forced to turn around. I found it hard to believe the first time I beat the campaign. I feel the expansion is not complete; it ended so abruptly that it seemed like a slap to the face even though I was suspicious of the map border the whole time. Because of this I’d say the expansion lacks length as well as informative depth and history. It’s still a great play and an excellent way to get a kid interested in Greek history, but without a multiplayer add on or other faction campaigns it will lack replay ability compared to it’s base game. I still highly recommend the game for anyone who likes the vanilla RTW, but it hardly emphasizes the accomplishes of Alexander the Great and doesn’t give any insight to his companions or their history.
It’s a nice port of a pc game but...
It maybe a design intention to have no access to India but why are the Persians there? It undermines what they may have tried to do or why have a settlement there at all? The units in the game are comically color coded and lack the realism and discipline of the historical armies. You can only play as Alexander’s faction which does remove sone of the variety and fun that the option to play a variety of factions bring. Still not a bad game but then then lack of versatility does lower the replay value quite a bit. The intro and ending sequences were fun and educational that could have used a bit more of a sense of story or role playing during the mid of the game. Given the type of one shot one side game it is, more story and rp like elements would have helped it greatly. While the merc options were one of the highlights, some of the units were too generic or appearing in in places that made less sense.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Feral Interactive Ltd
- 3.7 GB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2002–2017 The Creative Assembly Ltd. SEGA and the SEGA logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Corporation. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.