Thafknar is an audio recorder and player and a tool for adding reverb to files and to audio streams (Audiobus, IAA, AUv3; the latter being an in-app purchase).
Upload audio files by iTunes File Sharing or by Document Interaction, or create recordings with the app's built-in audio recorder. Play or save the files with added reverb. Use play through mode for realtime reverberation. The reverb can be created by an iOS Audio Unit or by the app's convolution reverb engine (iPad 4 or better is recommended for realtime usage).
- MIDI Control for controlling some functions of the app by MIDI messages.
- Preset Buttons for selecting presets by tapping buttons which can be decorated with text or images. This can be used to build a custom-designed sample player.
- Convolution Audio Unit for using the convolution reverb engine as an AUv3 app extension.
- IR set statistics and cleanup function. You find this in the action menu of an IR set.
- Optional immediate unpacking of zip archives that were handed over by document interaction.
- When the user switches to Convolution reverb, but no impulse responses are installed, Thafknar offers to install the Demo set. This is to make life easier for new users who don't yet know that there is a menu entry for this purpose.
- Audio system errors are now shown as log entries instead of alerts.
- Audiobus upgraded to version 3.0.12.
- Bugfix: After creating a zip archive from an IR set, the app crashed on older iOS versions.
- A primary and a secondary IR can be selected, and the audio unit creates a cross-faded IR. Long tap in the IR list to use this functionality.
- The view now uses its own color scheme. The user can choose Dark Mode, Light Mode or Automatic Mode (iOS 13+).
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Question about file export
I am not sure how to export the audio files from the app... appreciate developers feedback.
Developer Response ,
Long tap a file, then select "Open In...". Also see http://polaron.de/Thafknar/manual/Files/index.html .
AUv3 Convolution is here!
Congrats to the dev on releasing this much needed functionality. Now we have an AUv3 IR loader - bringing convolution reverb and amp sim IRs into the future with AUv3, allowing for more flexible setups and guarding against the deprecation of IAA. Thanks a lot!
Still Works With iPad1!
Thanks to Markus for his continued support of older hardware. I'm still getting lots of use from my old iPad. Much appreciated,
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Markus Sigg
- 7.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.3.5 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Markus Sigg
- In-App Purchases
- Convolution Reverb
- Convolution Audio Unit $2.99
- Preset Buttons $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.