RoomScan Pro is the only app with three great ways to get a floor plan, making sure it always gets the job done:
1. Touch Phone Against Walls — perfect where the view of the floor is blocked or poorly-lit, just touch your phone against each wall for a rapid plan.
2. Augmented Reality Scanning — use your iPhone 6s, iPhone SE or above's camera to scan the floor and accurately add walls in seconds.
3. Draw Manually & Use Laser — take advantage of slick integration with Leica & Bosch laser measures to get precise measurements onto your plan in moments.
RoomScan Pro can scan building exteriors, yards and gardens too, with the ExteriorScan & PlotScan features.
Export, saving, sending and printing of your plans as standard image files is free. Unlock RoomScan Pro with an annual auto-renewable subscription for unlimited export in PDF, DXF, FLYPLAN®, 3D models and other formats. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited if you purchase a subscription.
"This app is incredible. It draws a floor plan after you tap it against the wall a few times." — LIFEHACKER
"It's incredibly simple, but seems to work really well." — HUFFINGTON POST
"You can trade your tape measure for this slick app called RoomScan" — GIZMODO
Questions or comments? We're here to help: firstname.lastname@example.org
US Patent 8868375
UK Patent Pending
A bumper update for you today!
- All your saved properties can now be searched via your phone's built-in search function, just pull down on the home screen and enter some details, e.g. the address.
- You can now export realistic 3D models, save and send them e.g. by iMessage. You've got to try this, with RoomScan's unique realistic 3D models it looks like science fiction. You have a choice between sending the recipient a full-size model they can literally walk through, or a scale model they can see on their desk. They don't need RoomScan to see it and it works on the Mac, too. The models are in Pixar USDZ format.
- More prosaically, floor plan symbols can now be resized length-wise and width-wise separately so that you can make any shape. Handy for kitchen worktops.
- New floor plan symbols and they've been reorganised to make them easier to find (and easier to see in iOS 13 Dark Mode!).
- New way of picking colours for the floor plan design template, as well as individual walls and rooms. Your favourite colours are saved and 'hex' colours can be entered for your company colour scheme.
- Fix for a problem where you'd sometimes need to tap the plan twice to select something.
- Last, and quite possibly least, when first launching RoomScan the logo is on a dark background if you're in Dark Mode.
Ratings and Reviews
I admire the app’s comprehensive functionality to map the entire plan of a home or building, especially the wall touch feature. I would like to provide one major recommendation. But first, a prelude . . . .
I read some of the reviews and I noted a single common thread among those that have a problem with the app. The app has many complex features that require practice to handle. Some of the features are not inherently obvious. It took me at least twelves times to map my home adequately. This implies, along with the looking at some of the reviews, that there is a steep learning curve to understand the app at a competent level.
With that said, my recommendation is to provide more extensive videos and/or training instructions for users. The current videos are helpful, but is lacks how to accomplish the finer details on essential functions to pull all the information together harmoniously - like how to add additional rooms to existing rooms, adding openings, editing, etc. These are some of the things I grappled with. I saw the potential, so I stuck with it until I found the solutions.
In summary, the this app has powerful capacities, yet it currently requires the user to adapt to its capability at a deliberately moderate rate.
Glad I found it
I am glad I found this app, because my room plans have some unusual angles with small doorways. I needed a floor plan to plan for a bathroom remodel. This app is very difficult to learn how to work with. Yes, I read the instructions, and was able to use the “touch” method with my phone. However, it kept telling me I had not touched after returning to the wall after the start point, when I had. So, I had to keep trying over and over. I couldn’t get the AR method to work for me. I tried the Get Assistance email, but no one got back to me today. I also had problems with linking another room thru a doorway—the two rooms weren’t properly aligned (remember the doorways are narrow—24” wide, and set at angles), and I had problems trying to rotate and slide them into position. In two rooms, the measurements surrounding a window area aren’t accurate, and I don’t know how to correct that.
Needs more support FAQs, or instructions.
Wasn’t going to try...
....because of a lot of recent negative reviews. However, all of the measurement apps have a lot of negative reviews and I liked the way the developers here responded. So I went ahead. Measured and joined 2 rooms in approximately 20 minutes. Easy-Peasy. Love it! Read the instructions. Dig around a bit in settings. There are 2 places you need to hit to change all measurements from meters to feet or vice-versa- that’s the only moment of passing frustration I had.
I would like to be able to measure windows and doors in the app, is the only thing I feel is missing so far- and there might be a way to do that I haven’t found yet.
This is great! Get it.
- Locometric Ltd
- 42.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Locometric Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Full Unlock $8.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.