RoosterMoney is a pocket money allowance manager, chore chart, savings tracker and piggy bank all within a single app. Available in any currency and designed to help parents teach their kids about money, the app also acts as a chore tracker & reward chart. Simple for parents and fun for kids, parents remain the Bank of Mum & Dad and no deposits are required.
With RoosterPLUS, parents have the option to use additional features like the family chore manager, set interest rates or add multiple family members.
Key Features for Parents
- Sign up to take advantage of the RoosterMoney piggy bank and savings tracker to record pocket money comings and goings
- Create to-do lists with a household chore chart to enable kids to earn their allowance
- Create savings goals and select what your kids can save for
- Introduce your kids to the idea of giving with our Give pot, powered by JustGiving
- Set up a pocket money routine; issue allowances automatically each week or on an ad hoc basis in your preferred currency ($, £, € and more).
- Alternatively, you can select stars as your currency, so that the app becomes a kids chore chart with star money!
- View current balances and statements, so you can track their money.
- Boost pocket money or add gifts for completed chores, achievements or good behavior.
- Set regular or one-off chores with our 'jobs' feature (available within RoosterPLUS).
- Withdraw money and hand it to your kids so they can spend it in shops.
- Take pictures of things at the shops and set these as savings goals for your kids to save towards.
- Lock / unlock their allowance with ease.
- A great way to teach your children about money.
Key Features for Kids
- Take control of your allowance and pocket money.
- View how much money you have saved or spent by checking your statement.
- Create savings goals!
- Save money to add to a Savings Account.
- Customise your dashboard and make your account your very own.
- Get a head-start towards learning the true value of money!
What is RoosterMoney?
Our mission is a simple one: to transform the way the world talks about money with their kids. We provide an easy-to-use pocket money allowance manager, chore chart, reward tracker piggy bank app that empowers parents to raise money-wise kids.
We set out to fix a specific problem: Allowances are a great idea in principle, however finding a system that works for your family is hard, particularly when you’re juggling the weekly shop, work emails and soccer practice!
We believe in the power of allowances to transform your child’s understanding of money – whether you give them 20¢ a week or $20. And most importantly, we think these lessons are best learned by keeping things simple for parents and fun for kids.
PLUS PRICING & TERMS
RoosterMoney offers 2 auto-renewing subscription options for Extra PLUS Features:
$2.49 per month
$18.99 per year
Listed prices are for United States customers. Pricing in other countries may vary and actual charges may be converted to your local currency depending on the country of residence.
Your PLUS subscription will automatically renew at the end of each term and your credit card will be charged.
Terms & Conditions: https://www.roostermoney.com/terms
We're excited to share our latest updates:
- View chores from previous weeks / allowance periods in case they need approving
- Default your child's view to today's chores so they can stay focussed at the tasks at hand
- Change how repeating extra earners display so each instance appears on the list
And many more bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
BEST allowance / kids finances app!!!
I spent way too much time researching all the options to help our kids keep track of their money and this one is definitely the best! If all you want to do is keep track of how much money they have in their “virtual accounts” (this functionality alone is super helpful - especially when you have 4 kids!!) then you can you the app for free, but what sets this app above the crowd is the allowance and “extra jobs” chore functionalities, which require a very modest subscription fee for that service - it’s is totally worth it!!
The app has been soooo helpful in helping our family of 6 w 4 kids keep track of our money. No more complaining from kids accusing their siblings of stealing their cash or just thinking they had more and not knowing what they did with it - the app makes it so easy to keep track of all deposits and withdraws from their money!! When they get a check from grandma - stick it in their RoosterMoney acct! They do jobs to help out or you want to give them any number of customizable rewards - you are all set! They can log in to their own accts and claim their jobs and move money from spend to save (where they can earn interest) etc. It has really encouraged the kids to think more about how much they have for things they want and makes it so much more straightforward to answer at the store when they say they want anything - “well, do you have enough in RM?”
The kids like it!
We’ve been using Rooster with our kids for about two weeks now and so far so good! It’s a work in progress to get the kids to refer to the app for their chores, but they are quickly learning that if they don’t get those chores done daily, they lose a percentage of their allowance.
The kids DO really like having that visual of their money. My daughter blew through her Spend account the first week and then asked to rent a movie last night. I asked her how much money she had and when she checked she realized what she had done. I say that’s a good lesson learned.
I’m still getting the hang of the app myself. I find checking on the chores a little difficult. It seems like sometimes the chores disappear from the list but I don’t remember the kids actually doing them. And I’m not too crazy about the Allowance Jobs and the Extra Jobs being on two different lists. I would like to see them flow together and maybe just tagged differently.
I would also like to see a setting that allows a percentage of the Extra Jobs money go directly into savings. So far only the Allowance Jobs have that option. I emailed the developers about this and they got back to me within a day and said they would add it to their request list for the next update.
Overall I’m pleased with the app!
Flexible for different parenting styles
Whether you do a monthly allowance, want to pay by the job, or both, this App takes care of it. I LOVE the “regulars” for their monthly bills. (That’s right, the kids have bills too! Allowance is not just play money, they have expenses too!) The way we use it, our kids have regular jobs they “must do” to get their monthly allowance, say $20. But, they also have monthly bills, like their X-box Live, Netflix and Apple Music subscriptions. They’re all divided between our kids each month and that comes out of their “allowance” as well. It also allows flexibility in if/how they get paid that monthly “allowance”. They only do 50% of the jobs? They only get 50% of the pay. Won’t have enough to pay “regulars”? I guess you’d better make up the difference with some “extra earners” like vacuuming out the van, etc. I can split their $ into spending, saving and giving pots. The kids choose rewards: what they want to spend their money on. Now, when we’re at the store, they ask to check their Rooster Account to see if they have enough $ for X. Will they have enough for regulars if they buy X? Maybe they can do some extra earners, or make sure they’ve done their daily chore more often. Ahh, putting the decision back in their court is so satisfying. ☺️
- World Learning Ltd
- 49.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 World Learning Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Extra PLUS Features $2.99
- Extra PLUS Features $18.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.