The first in an innovative new series of non-fiction apps based on circular characters whose real life stories start where they end. Rounds: Franklin Frog follows the life cycle of a frog with beautifully simple narrative and design motifs.
Illustrated in a bold, graphic style – using only circles and divisions of circles – and with ingenious interactivity, original music and lively child voice narration, this delightful app is both educational and fun.
* Learn about biology with dozens of fun facts about frogs
* Join in with every stage of a frogs life - hopping, swimming, eating, hibernating, laying frogspawn, and growing from a tadpole
From Nosy Crow, the creators of award-winning apps:
* Best Story App - Junior Design Awards
* KAPi Award for Best Children's Ebook, 2012
* Best iPad Kids App of the Year - iLounge
* Publishing Innovation Award - Best Juvenile App
* FutureBook Innovation Award - Best Children's App
* 2011 Editor's Choice Award - Children's Technology Review
* Winner of the Digital Storytime Star
* Winner of the Parents' Choice Gold Award
The Three Little Pigs
* Editor's Choice Award 2011, Children's Technology Review
* 5 Stars, Common Sense Media
* Kirkus starred review
Especially for toddlers:
* NEW FEATURE: Word-tracking for read-along highlighted text
* Two reading modes: Read and Play or Read by Myself (no narration)
* Characters offer hints about what to do on each page.
* Tap the characters to trigger additional dialogue.
* Easy to use. Designed with toddlers’ fine motor skills in mind.
Please SHARE YOUR REVIEW below. It means a lot to us!
STAY UPDATED about the launch of our new apps!
Sign up for app announcements: http://nosycrow.com/apps/mailing-list-signup
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NosyCrow
Follow us on Twitter: @NosyCrow and @NosyCrowApps
For any technical issues, please don't hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nosy Crow is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 1-3
Categories: Book, Classics, Reading, Sight Words
Improved support for newer devices.
Ratings and Reviews
10 Star App!
Wow, what an awesome child friendly app, packed with fun and education that introduces and presents science in a wonderful fun way! My boys, 3&5, love frogs and are fascinated learning about life cycles and they were amazed at all they learned about frogs! They loved helping Franklin jump, swim and eat. We've only purchased it yesterday and it's already been played with over and over again. This is my idea of an app that parents dream of!
As a parent, I was amazed at the amount of factual information contained in the app. The graphics are amazing, the interactions are plentiful and so cool. The child narration is superb and the navigation is super child friendly. This app had my boys eagerly engaged throughout. We will definitely be on the lookout for future apps in the Round Series! This app has been a great lesson in biology and the knowledge will remain with my boys through the years. This must have app is a real gem and a great addition to our digital library and I would HIGHLY recommend it!
My 2 year old loves all the Nosy Crow apps so it was without hesitation that we bought Franklin Frog on day one. We were not disappointed at all. This charming app is very educational without seeming so. Your little one will learn where frogs come from and even what they do during winter. The way the story circles around is very neat but without a clear ending it's hard to tear my little one away from it. We are looking forward to the next Rounds circle of life story. Nosy Crow does it again, Bravo!
Rounds: Franklin Frog
This is a fabulous app to teach students about the life cycle! Students loved all the interactive features (how frogs grab their food, finding a place for Franklin to hibernate, swimming in the pond and of course laying eggs). Great way to learn alot about frogs. Love the way this app does not end, but continues the cycle. Great job.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.